Switch had its best-selling week ever in the US during the Thanksgiving shopping extravaganza.
Nintendo sold over $250 million in 3DS and Switch products over the five-day Thanksgiving holiday.
That sales figure covers 3DS, Switch, NES Classic Edition, Super NES Classic Edition, games, and accessories.
From turkey day into Cyber Monday, Switch became the best-selling Nintendo console in US history for the period – beating historic Wii system sales. Year-over year, sales of the console over those five days were up by 115%.
Citing Adobe Analytics, Nintendo said Switch was the “most-purchased item online” on Thanksgiving Day and the overall top-selling video game product online for the Black Friday-Cyber Monday time period.
It was also revealed launch week sales for the Pokemon: Let’s Go games hit 1.5 million units combined.
The company shared other interesting figures covering November 22-26 in the US, as noted below.
- Hardware sales grew 115% compared to the same period in 2017.
- Lifetime sales reached more than 8.2 million units.
- Sales of first-party games, including digital downloads, topped 1 million units, beating 2017’s totals by 78%.
- Combined sales of Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu and Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee stand at 1.5 million units since releasing November 16.
- Super Mario Party surpassed lifetime US sales of 1 million units, becoming the fastest-selling game in the Mario Party series and the fifth million-selling first-party Switch game in the US.
- Total installed base for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems hit 22 million.
- Lifetime combined sales of Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon crossed 2.2 million.
Classic Gaming Systems
- Super NES Classic Edition surpassed lifetime sales of 2.5 million.
- NES Classic Edition surpassed lifetime sales of 2 million.
In total, US hardware sales for Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday increased 45% over the same period in 2017.
And the shopping season has only started. Figures for all console and game sales covering the season, which will be reported in January, should prove interesting.