At the beginning of Season 6 of Fortnite, seven Corrupted Areas spawned around the map which have since been sucked of their power.
You can see a rune at the centre of each Corrupted Area on the Fortnite map, and one of the easiest and well-rewarded challenges for Week 2 requires you to visit each of these areas, so let’s take a quick look at where you’ll need to go to complete this challenge.
Some of the runes are now craters when you visit the actual sites, but for all intents and purposes, we’ll still call them Corrupted Areas.
Fornite: Corrupted Area locations
The floating island is currently hovering just West of Shifty Shafts and the Corrupted Area you need to visit is just below it.
The rest of the Corrupted Area locations are:
- Directly South of Salty Springs
- Southwest of Dusty Divot
- Southeast of Retail Road
- In the Southwest section of Wailing Woods
- South of Lazy Links and slightly Northwest of Tomato Temple
- Southwest of Pleasant Park
Each of these Corrupted Areas has a bunch of Shadow Stones scattered around so you can become an invisible spectre who glides around the map. There will also be the usual three gold chests surrounding the runes in the Corrupted Areas.
All you need to do is visit these areas, open up the chests and hang around for a few seconds to complete the challenge. Simple!
Fortnite Season 6 Weekly challenges
If you’re currently working your way through the Fortnite Season 6 Battle Pass, here are all the challenges so far:
- Week 8 Challenges
- Dance with a fish trophy at different Named Locations
- Get a score of 3 on different clay pigeon shooters
- Week 5 Challenges
- Jump through flaming hoops with a Shopping Cart or ATK
- Record a speed of 27 or more in front of different Radar Signs
- Week 4 Challenges
- Ring the doorbell of a house with an opponent inside in different matches
- Eliminate opponents near any of the Corrupted Areas