Assassin’s Creed Odyssey has received a big patch today.
Many of the features in update 1.0.7 have been teased over the past few weeks, and they’re finally here today for all Assassin’s Creed Odyssey players. The biggest new addition is visual customisation, otherwise known as transmogrification.
The feature simply allows players to change the appearance of their gear without losing the stats. In other words, you’re replacing the look of each gear piece – for the purposes of making a set, for instance – without sacrificing the perks or play style. In a detailed blog post, Ubisoft explained that any gear piece you come across will be unlocked for use in transmog.
The more you discover, the more options, and styles you’ll be able to pick from. The best thing about the feature is that you can immediately try it out following the patch’s release with any of the gear you already have.
Today’s update also raised the level cap from 50 to 70, and Ubisoft made a few adjustments to the game’s loot system to reward players with more gear that fits their play style. Support for the second Lost Tale of Greece, A Divine Intervention, is included in the patch as well.
The Mercenary menu now includes a Mercenary Benefits page dedicated to covering all tier benefits and statues, and whether or not you’ve unlocked them.
Outside of that, the patch makes a few various improvements to photo mode, and brings an option to easily toggle XP and drachmae boosts on/off in the inventory screen.
The update comes in at 2.2GB on PC, 2.5GB on PS4, and 2.6GB on Xbox One. It went live earlier on consoles, with PC to follow this afternoon.
See below for the biggest changes, and check this Reddit post for the full log. Do be aware of some story spoilers among the fixes, though.
- Added support for the second Lost Tale of Greece – A Divine Intervention.
- The quest “Test of Judgment” will be available in-game upon installing version 1.0.7, available from Episode 5.
- Located in Korinth, the quest will be added to the quest log once the quest giver was found.
Features and improvements
- Added a visual gear customisation page to the inventory.
- You can now access the Detailed Mercenary Benefits page from the Mercenary menu.
- The Detailed Mercenary Benefits page will showcase all Tier Benefits and their statuses (unlocked/not unlocked).
- Level cap increase to 70
- If you were Level 50 already, XP gained prior to this increase will automatically be transferred into ability points. XP gained prior the patch will not increase the Level.
Photo mode improvements
- Added a Contrast option, more grid types, and an option to hide headgear to the game.
- Added Fog and Bloom options
- Tilt angle increased from 45° to 90°.
- Improved auto-focus functionality.
- Improved display of liked photos on the world map.
- Added a Preview button to immediately hide the UI.
- Pressing any button when the UI is hidden will now bring the UI back automatically.
- Improved Smart Loot System – It will now reward more gear of the preferred play style.
- Discounts from Mercenary Tier benefits will now be displayed at the Blacksmith.
- Added support for future Live encounters.
- Added an option to the game to toggle XP and drachmae boosts on/off in the inventory.
- Improved hitboxes of legendary animals.
- Added some more NPCs to various NPC stations (marketplaces, tanning spots, etc.).
- Added achievement/trophy for Divine Intervention to the game.