Calling all amateur archaeologists! Here’s where the dinosaur bones are in Red Dead Redemption 2.
There are sites where Arthur can inspect to uncover dinosaur bones dotted all around the Red Dead Redemption 2 map. You’ll need to find them all to complete sidequest ‘A Test of Faith’.
To trigger A Test of Faith, you first need to speak to the stranger excavating fossils Southeast of Horseshoe Overlook. You can find bones before this encounter, of course.
A Test of Faith is one of the quests you need to finish if you’re trying to get 100% completion in Red Dead Redemption 2.
There are 30 bones in total and you get rewards for reaching certain milestones. Here are the rewards (they spared no expense):
- 1 bone – Quartz Chunk
- 15 bones – Skull Statue
- 30 bones – Jawbone Knife
Red Dead Redemption 2 dinosaur bones locations
Here’s a map to the first set of bones, most of which are scattered over New Hanover and Ambarino:
Then there are a couple in West Elizabeth:
Lastly, there are a fair few in New Austin:
Here’s a gallery so you can click through and see the images more clearly:
Once you’re done collecting them all, you get an invite to go to Deborah MacGuinness’s ranch in Forwood Rise. It’s here where you are presented with the Jawbone Knife.
Here are some precise locations for the bones that are hardest to track down:
- Heartlands Oil Field bone location – this bone is located at the bottom of a well beneath the oil derrick.
- Cholla Springs High Desert bone location – Go to the base of the hill and you will find this bone inside a small rock wall.
- Cholla Springs Jorge’s Gap bone location – Head Shouthwest of Jorge’s Gap and you’ll find this one on a hill, obscured by bushes.
- Grizzlies O’Creagh’s Run bone location – West of O’Creagh’s Run, this bone is located on the ridgeline.
- Big Valley Northern Cave bone location – this one is inside the cave at the bottom of Mount Hagen.
If you’re looking for help with anything else, check out our big Red Dead Redemption 2 guide hub for all your walkthrough needs.