Destiny 2: Forsaken players will find a new subclass tree when they fire up the expansion, and there are new supers along for the ride.
New subclass trees are available in Destiny 2: Forsaken alongside those already present, providing players with nine additional supers. These supers are proving to be incredibly useful in the Forsaken endgame content and in PvP modes, such as the Well of Radiance.
Below we’ve summarized what to expect, and Arekkz goes over the information in detail through the video.
If you need help, here’s how to unlock new subclass paths and supers with Seeds of Light in Destiny 2: Forsaken.
You can also find more tips and guides through our ultimate guide page.
Destiny 2: Forsaken – Supers and Subclass abilities
Nightstalker Subclass: Way of the Wraith
- Standard – The smoke bomb slows enemies when caught in the cloud and doles out plenty of damage.
- Perk – Landing a perfect, precision kill will make the Nightstalker turn invisible and they will gain true sight.
- Super: Spectral Blades – Turns the Nightstalker invisible and provides the player with twin void blades. They can then sneak around the battlefield unseen before striking.
Gunslinger Subclass: Way of a Thousand Cuts
- Standard – The Gunslinger’s melee move throws out a fan of burning knives.
- Perk – Killing enemies while they are burning will recharge this ability, plus, burning enemies will also recharge the Hunter’s dodge.
- Super: Blade Barrage – Doubles down on the Hunter’s knife skills allowing them to dish out some explosive kills. Basically, Way of a Thousand Cuts its an amped-up version of the Hunter’s knife abilities.
Arcstrider Subclass: Way of the Current
- Standard – Sliding before dishing out a melee attack causes the player to perform a staff-powered, uppercut strike. Any melee attacks will also increase reload speed.
Perk – All Arc abilities electrify enemies, and if you go on to melee them after electrified, they will become disoriented. This will also recharge the Hunter’s abilities.
- Super: Whirling Guard – Gives Hunters the ability to spin their staff to block incoming projectiles. These will be reflected back at the target, and will triple the damage doled out by the staff afterwards. In short, use the staff to reflect damage, and then go in and smack enemies around with it.
Sentinel Subclass: Code of the Commander
- Standard – Melee ability causes an explosion.
- Perk – With Code of the Commander, all void melee attacks attach a void detonator. Enemies with a detonator attached will explode when damaged, and the fallout causes detonators to be attached to enemies caught in the explosion.
- Grenade – The grenade ability partially recharges grenade energy for the Titan and nearby allies when the detonators are triggered.
- Super: Banner Shield – Produces a barrier absorbing enemy attacks when holding guard. Allies can shoot through the barrier, making it a good option for boss damage rotation.
Sunbreaker Subclass: Code of the Devastator
- Standard – The melee ability allows the Titan to throw a hammer which physically remains in the world. Retrieving it will fully charge the melee ability and trigger health regen.
- Perk – The more Solar kills made, the more damage will increase stacking up to three times.
- Super: Siege Hammer – Creates a much larger flaming hammer than before. When hitting it on the ground, it creates earthquake-like tremors and sends out a flaming tornado.
Striker: Code of the Missile
- Standard – While airborne, press melee to slam into the ground like a mini Fist of Havoc.
Perk – Picking up ammo while sliding will reload the Titan’s weapon and increase damage for a short period of time.
- Super: Thundercrash – Sends the Titan hurdling great distances like a missile. Players are able to control the trajectory before landing like a meteor.
Voidwalker Subclass: Attunement of Fission
- Standard – This new Atomic Breach melee ability creates a void explosion at range.
- Perk – Any Void ability kills will heal the player and grant ability energy.
- Grenade – While holding down the grenade button, the Warlock will create a AoE supernova explosion.
- Super: Nova Warp – Empowers the player with a teleportation ability that allows them to continuously teleport short distances. This can be finished up with unleashing a large burst of explosive energy.
Stormcaller: Attunement of Control
- Standard – Tapping melee flings out long distance electricity balls which will explode. Upon detonation, lightening bolts will stream downwards.
- Perk – Arc kills have a chance to produce Ionic Tracers. This spark of raw, ionic energy will travel back to the player, and if collected, will recharge abilities.
- Super: Chaos Reach – Fires a long range bolt of arc energy. This can be deactivated to save energy if needed.
Dawnblade Subclass: Attunement of Grace
- Standard – Melee attacks burn enemies and empower allies.
- Perk – Abilities pertaining to healing or empowering will replenish abilities which aren’t a super.
- Grenade – Can be transformed into a Blessing by holding down the button. Doing so produces a projectile that can be used to heal allies. It also drops overshield orbs which can be retrieved.
- Super: Well of Radiance – When the Warlock slams their sword into the ground, they will create a wide radius aura. It will heal and empower all allies which stand in it.
Destiny 2: Forsaken released September 4 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.