Rare and valuable Orichalcum Ore is just lying around Assassin’s Creed Odyssey waiting to be found. Here’s everywhere we’ve found Orichalcum Ore so far – along with maps of later game areas – as well as tips for how to collect as much as possible. Once you’ve scooped up enough of the glittering metal you can swap it for Epic and Legendary gear from the special vendor in Phokis.
Oikos of the Olympians sells a few different types of items, of varying rarities. He can stock legendary and epic weapons and armor, as well as “Olympian Gifts” which are basically loot boxes. These contain an epic or legendary item, which can be a weapon, armour, or cosmetic ship item. Olympian Gifts cost 20 Orichalcum Ore, while weapons and armor can cost as much as 100.
How to get Orichalcum Ore is Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
One way to gather Orichalcum Ore is to complete Contracts. These are special quests which appear on notice boards in towns, as well as on your ship, the Adrestia. You can find notice boards by going to the diamond-shaped marker on your map with three horizontal lines in the centre.
Here, look through the bounties until you see one where the rewards include Orichalcum Ore. You can tell them apart from the rest because they have a small swirling icon on the right.
Contracts task you with completing tasks across the entire Classical Greek World within a certain time limit. They can be to kill a certain amount of soldiers from one faction, or destroy a certain amount of resources. Once completed, they’ll reward you with a large amount of Orichalcum Ore – but can be time consuming to complete. These refresh weekly, so you do have a decent window to finish them.
A quicker and more efficient way to gather Orichalcum Ore though, is to complete shorter quests that appear on notice boards. They have the same Orichalcum icon on the right-hand side as Contracts.
These quests are usually over quickly and will give you 10 Orichalcum Ore as a reward. There’s no visual cue for this, but you’ll see that the number in the top left of your menu will increase. This is probably the easiest way to gather large amounts of Ore quickly. Since new quests spawn every day and can be completed easily.
Orichalcum Ore locations
If you’re not into completing Contracts, the only other way to find Orichalcum Ore is to search it out in the game’s world. Here’s everywhere we’ve tracked them down to so far. We’ve added full maps for most of the early game areas, and will continue to add more. For outcrops we’ve tracked down ourselves, we’ve added a bit more of detailed location:
- At the bottom of the lake in the Coast of Koliadai area.
- To the east of the Star Observatory synchronization spot in the Pronnoi Peninsula
- In the water of the underground cave that runs underneath Kleptous Bay
- On the southwestern tip of Kephallonia, near the Wreckage of the Lost Bandit
- On the western bank of the bay on the western tip of the Mount Geraneia area
- Southeast of Mount Difri, behind the broken cart. This is where you find the survivor in The Taxman Cometh quest.
- Bottom of the lake after jumping off Difri Peak.
- Next to the synchonization point on Istiaia Peak in the northwest of the island.
- On a beach in the northern part of the Scarred Mountains of Pentelikos, east of the Cave of Many Lions
- Up on the hill in the forest to the southwest of Fort Phyle in the north of Attika.
- On north bank of the lake that’s to the east of Camp Dekelia in the Abandoned Farmlands.
- South, southeast of the Sanctuary of Sounion on the southern tip of Attika.
- Under the small bridge to the east of the east gate of Argos
- On the hill to the south of the Fort of Plataia
Euboea & Skyros
Delos & Mykonos
Paros & Naxos
Thera, Anaphi, & Nisyros
If you’re just getting started with Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, check out our ultimate guide here.