Title Update 2 is now available for Monster Hunter World on PC, and going by the patch notes alone, it’s a doozy.
Ahead of the Monster Hunter World Autumn Harvest Fest going live today on PC, Capcom dropped a large title update for the game.
There’s quite a list of fixes in the update which focuses mainly on combat, general, and localization bugs.
Alongside the numerous bug fixes, there are a few other additions. These include a character edit voucher, an extension to the Event Quest “Relish the Moment,” a Motion Blur option, and a Skip prompt for cutscenes. The latter were mentioned in the Autumn Harvest Fest post.
A patch also dropped for Monster Hunter World on PS4 and Xbox One yesterday. Notes for Version 5.10 on PS4 (310MB) and 220.127.116.11 for Xbox One (330MB) aren’t as extensive, but it comes along just in time for the Arch-Tempered Lunastra quest “When Blue Dust Surpasses Red Lust.”
Patches for both console versions fix a Kulve Taroth pursuit exploit, increase the Warped Feystones drop rates for the Tempered Deviljho and Arch-Tempered elder dragon quests, and apply plenty of bug fixes.
We’posted the full patch notes for both PC and consoles below.
Monster Hunter World PC – Title Update 2 patch notes
Combat Bug Fixes
- A bug was fixed where holding the right trigger while landing after the 2nd stage of a Plunging Thrust (after comboing into it from a Rising Slash after a slide) would not transition into a guard.
- The behavior of the camera during Tackle I and II wasn’t going back to normal when the action finished, resulting in unforeseen behavior. They have now been fixed to match the behavior of the camera from Tackle III.
- A bug was fixed where Spirit Blade would be performed on its own when, after the player fails to connect with Foresight Slash, the right trigger input would remain in the input buffer and execute after a side dodge was performed.
- A bug was fixed where the Spirit Gauge would not decrease and damage would not increase when Jumping Spirit Blade III connected on a target with the Spirit Gauge at red. Damage will now be increased, with the Spirit Gauge being correctly consumed.
- A bug was fixed where a Mid Thrust would occur if you attempted a Guard Dash after a Counter-thrust.
- A bug was fixed where a forward Guard Dash would occur regardless of the direction pushed.
- A bug was fixed where a Guard Dash would not work if the player preemptively input the Guard Dash when the player and the direction pushed were completely the same.
- A bug was fixed where a Charged Upswing would be performed when charging and attempting to perform a Spinning Strong Upswing while moving down a slope (before the player begins to slide).
- A bug was fixed where Directional Control Type 2 would not work properly when pressing forward during the Switch Axe’s Overhead Slash.
- A bug was fixed where Wild Swing’s attack hitbox would disappear mid-attack when the timing to press Y to perform Axe: Overhead Slash was too fast.
- A bug was fixed where the phial gauge would not replenish when using a whetstone while the weapon was sheathed.
- A bug was fixed where the axe would continue to rotate when canceling from Super Amped Element Discharge to Amped Element Discharge with no phials stocked.
- A bug was fixed where the connecting animation would not play and instead an attack would be performed when canceling the last half of a recovery animation (knockback, blow back, etc.) with Amped Element Discharge or Super Amped Element Discharge.
- A bug related to Strong Jumping Advancing Slash was fixed where only the final attack would be receive the benefits from the Airborne skill. Now all attacks within the move will receive the skill buff.
- A bug was fixed where Dragon Piercer would fire outside the intended range when the reticle was moved out of range the moment Dragon Piercer is fired, and the player tries to aim the bow.
- A bug was fixed where usable time for mantles would decrease during animations such as sniffing tracks. It has now been fixed so that a mantle’s usable time will not decrease when standing still, which was the original intent.
- A bug was fixed where the effective time of a Cool Drink would be overwritten by a player using a Cool Drink with the Wide-Range skill active, without checking the current Cool Drink effective time. It has now been fixed so it will only be overwritten only when prolonging the effect of the item.
- A bug was fixed where the effect of Might Seeds, etc. would be overwritten by a weak effect produced by a low level Wide-Range skill given to the player by a Palico. It has been fixed so it will only be overwritten when the effect is larger than the one already applied. (Players were only able recreate this bug with the above Cool Drink bug)
- A bug was fixed where EZ Lifepowder’s effective range was smaller than a regular Lifepowder. It has now been increased to match the regular Lifepowder’s effective range.
- A bug was fixed where the target camera would target another monster by itself when a targeted slain monster’s body disappeared during multi-monster slay quests.
Extended Event Quest Availability
Due to an issue with the recent release of Event Quest “Relish the Moment,” the quest has been extended to Thursday, October 25 at 5:59pm, 8:59pm ET, 11:59 UTC and Friday, October 26 at 12:59am BST, 1:59am, CEST.
- Traffic and matchmaking server load have been reduced.
- A function was added to config.ini in the Monster Hunter World folder to generate dump files.A bug was fixed where the game would get stuck in a search loop when using the Matchmake function to look for an online session.
- A bug was fixed where NPC dialogue would close automatically when the Hunting Horn’s Health Boost (S) effect runs out. This fix prevents the Grimalkyne cutscene event in the Coral Highlands from getting stuck.
- A bug was fixed where updated data between players differed when a player talks to the NPCs at the Resource Center when the limited bounties are being updated.
- The height on Vaal Hazak’s field of view settings have been tweaked.
- A bug was fixed where it appeared (to players on the guest side of multiplayer) that monsters were sliding when knocked down on a slope and the down animation was replaced by a paralysis animation or similar.
- Lavasioth’s monster field guide data has been fixed to match the game parameters: Physiology: “Chest: Breakable” was fixed to “Back: Breakable”, and Rewards: “Chest Broken” was fixed to “Back Broken”.
- A bug was fixed where the “Reload” message would not appear when switching from a Light/Heavy Bowgun to a Gunlance during a quest.
- A bug was fixed where sharpness level would not actually change when switching to equipment with the Handicraft skill equipped during a quest. Sharpness level will now go to its maximum level, accounting for the Handicraft skill.
- A bug was fixed where the item window order would change unintentionally if the player switched between two equipment loadouts where the first specialized tool for Loadout A was the same as the second specialized tool for Loadout B.
- A bug was fixed where, under certain circumstances when changing the color of layered armor, the color icon would disappear from all body parts except for the head when “Change All” was highlighted by the cursor.
- A bug was fixed where, under certain circumstances when placing Large Barrel Bombs, the number of Large Barrel Bombs on screen would differ between the Host and the Guest.
- A change was made so that recipient settings are reset when a player set as a recipient leaves the online session.
A bug was fixed where multiple chat windows would be displayed on top of each other when receiving a large number of messages while navigating the start menu or any of the facilities.
- A bug was fixed where icons on the wildlife map would not be properly enlarged when clicking on them with a mouse.
- A bug was fixed where some controls would not be properly displayed when switching control devices on a chat window.
A bug was fixed where an unnecessary error code would be displayed on the results screen after finishing a quest.
- A bug was fixed where, when starting with the spacebar on a text entry screen, the space would be inserted to the right of the cursor.
- A bug was fixed where, when the Host for a quest is changed, other players would not be able to join the new Host’s quest or online session.
- A bug was fixed where the game would freeze right after being launched on certain PCs.
- A bug was fixed where the window would be framed even in full screen mode on certain PCs.
- A bug was fixed where Guests would go offline if the Host was disconnected during a quest.
- A bug was fixed where some environments would appear corrupted when the Max LOD Level under the Advanced Graphics Settings was set to -1.
- A bug was fixed where the player would be able to move the camera vertically quicker than usual when using a ballista with the mouse camera controls set to type 2.
- A message was added to tell players they cannot use limited bounties offline when opening the Resource Center menu while Steam is offline.
- A bug was fixed where error code 5098f-MW1 would be displayed on the Guest’s side if the Host selected Quit Game during an online session.
- A bug was fixed where the game would crash when checking your primary group during a quest.
- Various other bug fixes.
Localization Bug Fixes
- A bug was fixed where, when playing the game in Arabic, after the Grimalkynes perform their assist move in the Ancient Forest the game would freeze.
- In Italian, the translation for Quick Shot and Dashing Shot were the same. The translation for Dashing Shot has now been updated: Tiro Rapido ⇒ Tiro in corsa
- In French, the translation for Lunastra and Teostra’s bond attack contained an unintended translation. It has been fixed as follows: “Super nova !” changed to “Union avec la Lunastra !”and “Hyper nova !” changed to “Union avec le Teostra !”
- A bug was fixed where, depending on the combination of language settings and weapon types, the button prompts would exceed the limit of the text window if the text size was set to large.
- A bug was fixed where other players’ online IDs would not be properly displayed on the Quest Join screen in certain languages.
- A bug was fixed where text would overlap in Russian when assigning items with long names to keyboard shortcuts.
- A bug was fixed where other players’ online IDs would not be properly displayed on the Recently Played screen in certain languages.
- An adjustment was made to the Polish localization to ensure that the text for mouse camera controls is consistent with other menu items.
Monster Hunter World PS4 and Xbox One – 5.10, 18.104.22.168 patch notes
Drop rates for Warped Feystones have been increased in the Tempered Deviljho and Arch-Tempered elder dragon quests.
- Relish the Moment (Tempered Deviljho): Fucium Ore → Warped Feystone
- The Deathly Quiet Curtain (Arch-tempered Vaal Hazak): Dreamcore Ore → Warped Feystone
- A Whisper of White Mane (Arch-tempered Kirin): Dreamcore Ore → Warped Feystone
- The Scorn of the Sun (Arch-tempered Teostra): Dreamcore Ore → Warped Feystone
- The Eye of the Storm (Arch-tempered Kushala Daora): Dreamcore Ore → Warped Feystone
These reward rules will also be applied to any future quests with Arch-tempered elder dragons from update version 5.10 onwards.
Kulve Taroth pursuit exploit
Fixed an exploit that would allow you to retain a pursuit level in the Kulve Taroth Siege by intentionally disconnecting, by making it so you cannot post or join another quest for the same Kulve Taroth after claiming rewards once.
If you cannot post or join a Kulve Taroth quest, you must either wait until the other players in the session have repelled the Kulve Taroth, or move to a different session. Then you will be able to post or join quests for a new Kulve Taroth.
Elder Melder item order
The order of melding ingredients at the Elder Melder has been resorted according to the same sorting method used for items. In previous updates, new items were added to the end of the ingredient list, but now new additions will now follow this new sorting method. No items have been removed from the current ingredient list.
Combat Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug where, if your Charge action is interrupted by damage when chaining it into a Condensed Element Slash in order to power up your Sword Mode attacks, the next attack will no longer mistakenly benefit from additional hits from phial effects.
- Fixed a bug where graphic and sound effects were not triggering correctly when exiting Demon Mode after any of the various combos.
- Fixed a bug where Dragon Piercer would fire outside the intended range when pressing the L2 button (PS4) or the left trigger (Xbox One) just as you release an arrow when the camera is facing outside the intended aim range. We apologize for the continuous bugs related to this.
- Fixed a bug where the effects from “Critical Draw” and “Punishing Draw” would expire before you could do damage with your weapon, due to unrelated, continuous damage sources such as torch pods. The effects from these skills will now only expire once you have made a direct weapon attack (including arrows).
General Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug where, if you own the Kinsect “True Dragon Soul”, the Smithy equipment forging screen would display an icon showing that you owned “Kulve Taroth’s Fury α” when you do not actually own it.
- Fixed a bug where, when sorting equipment at the item box, sorting weapons by the “Great Sword” category would also sort Sever-type Kinsects to the top of the list, and sorting weapons by the “Sword & Shield” category would also sort Blunt-type Kinsects to the top of the list.
- Fixed a bug where squad information may be deleted due to delays in server requests, as a result of switching between save data too many times in a row, or repeating the process of frequently refreshing guild cards before immediately signing out. Please note that we cannot recover squad information that was lost prior to this update.
- Fixed an issue for players who were unable to unlock the 8-star quest “Lightning Strikes Twice”. This issue occurred very rarely in high rank quests and expeditions, preventing research points from accumulating when you collect high rank Kirin traces. Updating to version 5.10 will allow the quest to unlock, but you must re-gather the necessary research points.
- (Xbox One only) Improved the processing of the retrieval of session information to reduce the incidence of the error code “50088-MW1”, which would prevent you from joining online sessions.
- Fixed a bug where the notification beginning “Continuing the game in offline mode. Go to a quest counter…” would not display when a communication error (due to signing out from PSN or Xbox Live, or from being disconnected) occurs when creating or joining a new online session while already in a session.
- Fixed a bug in the Wildspire Waste where you could lock your focus camera to an empty spot, by locking onto the spot where Cactuar would appear before they actually appear.
- Fixed a bug where your Palico would fail to restore you after running over to hit you to recover from paralysis or sleep (as a result of using the “signal” command as it runs over, causing an error in its movement destination).
- Fixed a bug where the effects of Demondrug, Mega Demondrug, Armorskin, and Mega Armorskin that were applied to a Palico via the skill “Wide-Range” would expire for the Palico when they fainted in combat, but the expiration of these effects would not be properly synced between the players during multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug where a monster hit with the Dragonator by a guest player in a Special Arena quest would not properly flinch from the attack, if the host player is far from the monster and accessing the supply box or otherwise waiting in camp.
- Fixed bugs that occur when (a) you are targeting a large monster with the target camera and its icon on the lower left part of the screen is grayed out, (b) the icon of the monster you are targeting is the furthest icon on the left, and (c) either of the following occur.
1. When using the focus camera, the target would switch away from the large monster when a small monster’s icon was added to the leftmost end of the target list.
2. When using the target camera, the target would switch away from the large monster when a small monster disappears from the target list.
- Fixed a bug where the health gauge wouldn’t properly change color after being inflicted with the poison or bleeding status after finishing a monster mount.
- Fixed a bug where the order of items in the item bar would change unintentionally when you change your equipment loadout and your items are lined up in certain ways.
- Fixed a bug where the order of items in the item bar would change unintentionally when you register an item loadout when you have supply items. When saving an item loadout, the order of items registered will ignore supply item data, and supply items obtained again afterwards may be in a different order, but this is not a bug.
- Fixed a bug where female characters’ hair would not move properly after equipping the head armor “Shadow Shades” or the layered head armor for ‘Bushi Kabuto “Sabi”‘ and ‘Bushi Kabuto “Homare”‘.