2K and Firaxis Games are releasing extra content for XCOM 2: War of the Chosen on PC called the Tactical Legacy Pack.
A new content pack will release for XCOM 2 next week on PC, and its the War of the Chosen – Tactical Legacy Pack DLC. Players can expect new modes, maps, and more.
This DLC will be free to download until December 3 for those who own both the base XCOM 2 game as well as the XCOM 2: War of the Chosen expansion.
The pack is also coming to Mac and Linux, courtesy of Feral Interactive.
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen – Tactical Legacy Pack contents
Command a squad of soldiers through a series of linked consecutive tactical missions.
- Central’s Archives – Central Officer Bradford, and other key members of XCOM, recount the pivotal operations that led to the rise of the resistance between the events of XCOM: Enemy Unknown and XCOM 2.
- Blast from the Past – After the fall of XCOM HQ, Central Officer Bradford begins his journey to build the resistance by returning to where it all began.
- It Came from the Sea – The broadcast of a fledgling radio DJ is reaching an audience he didn’t intend. It’s up to Central to save the DJ from an endless horde of hungry listeners.
- Avenger Assemble – Join Lily Shen as she works to retrofit the Avenger into a new home for the growing forces of a reinvigorated XCOM.
- The Lazarus Project – ADVENT is kidnapping key members of the resistance, and it’s up to Central to rescue some of XCOM’s most renowned operatives.
- Resistance Archives – Engage enemy forces in series of missions increasing in difficulty.
- Create and play your own custom XCOM tactical missions using the included editor that allows you to modify various settings (map, squad loadouts, objective, enemies, and more).
- Play through all 100+ War of the Chosen challenges as often as you’d like.
- Engage in battle across 28 new maps including remastered maps and scenes from XCOM: Enemy Unknown and XCOM: Enemy Within. These new maps will be featured in Central’s Archives.
New Weapons and Armor
- Equip your soldiers with re-imagined versions of the conventional, laser, and plasma weapons, as well as Kevlar, Carapace, and Titan armor from XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Complete Central’s Archives to unlock these new additions for use in the main single player campaign.
New Customization and Photobooth Options
- Customize your soldiers with new attitudes and helmets. Create new images in the Photobooth with additional backgrounds, colors, and character poses.
New Soundtrack Options
- With the new Soundtrack Selector you can choose to play the XCOM 2: War of the Chosen campaign with the existing score, the score from XCOM: Enemy Unknown, or an all-new soundtrack inspired by the music from the original X-COM: UFO Defense.
Offline Challenge Mode
- Play through all 100+ War of the Chosen challenges as often as you want.
After December 3, the XCOM 2: War of the Chosen – Tactical Legacy Pack will go on sale for $7.99.
The Tactical Legacy Pack will also be added to the XCOM 2 Collection, and it will not affect the price of the collection.