With the end of Season 5 upon us and the start of something new on the horizon, the Fortnite servers are once again down for maintainance!! This downtime is only scheduled for a couple of hours, so there’s not long left to wait until the servers are back online.
When are the Fortnite Servers back up?
The easiest way to keep up-to-the-minute with the downtime is to check Epic Games’ official status page for updates.
With Season 6 starting so soon, Epic Games has been coy about what exactly is coming with the update. We know that the Port-a-Fortress is coming, but the only other thing mentioned is that the High Stakes event will end.
Upgrade your Fort in patch v5.41! This update is dropping in tomorrow, September 18 with downtime beginning at 4 AM ET (0800 GMT).
The Getaway LTM ends once downtime begins, so get out there and finish up those Challenges. ♥️♣️♦️♠️
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) September 17, 2018
For some reason, Epic keeps posting the UK times in GMT – which isn’t the time in the UK during the summer, it’s BST – so add an hour onto their stated times for the actual time it happens in the UK.
We’d expect the downtime to be finished by around 6AM ET, which is 2AM PT. That equates to 11AM in the UK and 12PM in Western Europe.
When new patches drop, all sorts of stuff starts to leak thanks to dataminers, so expect a few new things to surface in coming days.
Fortnite Season 5 Challenges –
The rest of this season’s challenges are still live, so tick them off while you’ve got a chance:
Here’s all the Fortnite Weekly Challenges so far
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Risky Reels
- Search Floating Lightning Bolts
- Score a Basket on different hoops
- Search between an Oasis, Rock Archway and Dinosaurs
- Shoot a clay pigeon at different locations
- Follow the treasure map found in Flush Factory
- Jump through Flaming Hoops with a shopping cart or ATK
- Search between a Gas Station, Soccer Pitch, and Stunt Mountain
- Hit a golf ball from tee to green on different holes
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Snobby Shores
- Complete Timed Trials
- Search where the Stone Heads are looking
- Follow the treasure map found in Dusty Divot
- Search between three oversized seats
- Follow the map in Shifty Shafts
- Visit Stone Heads