Rainbow Six Siege is about to be become harsher for players who team kill.
Rainbow Six Siege’s Operation Grim Sky launched about two weeks ago, and today, the first post-Grim Sky patch will be released.
The Season 3.1 patch’s biggest change is that it brings even tougher penalties for team killers. Currently, team killing gets the offender kicked from the match. After the patch’s release, this will be changed to a 30-minute ban.
This is true for both casual and ranked, and the punishment will escalate the more the player team kills. The second offence will earn them an hour-long ban, followed by two hours for the third strike, 24 hours for the fourth, and finally a week-long ban for their fifth offence.
Beyond this penalty update, the patch also comes with a few bug fixes for various operators, and maps. 3.1 hits PC today, and consoles tomorrow. Check out the full change log below:
Team kill bans
- First offence: Banned from Matchmaking for 30 minutes
- Second offence: Banned from Matchmaking for 1 hour
- Third offence: Banned from Matchmaking for 2 hours.
- Fourth offence: Banned from Matchmaking for 24 hours.
- Fifth offence: Banned from Matchmaking for 7 days.
- Fixed – [PC][PS4][XB1] A number of crashing issues across all platforms.
- Fixed – [PC][XB1] Cannot use melee for a short while after using prone.
- Fixed – Players are able to take the defuser through the walls.
- Fixed – Throwing C4 on an electrified wall will not destroy the nitro cell on contact.
- Fixed – The bullet casings are ejected forwards when firing the AR-15.50 weapon.
- Fixed – Clash’s Shield can be deployed while crouched.
- Fixed – Clash’s CCE shield can clip in the arm and clip in the pistol.
- Fixed – Clash is able to fire her gun before weapon appears on screen.
- Fixed – In the loadout menu charms are not equipped in the same place as during a session for Clash’s CCE Shield.
- Fixed – When a player is killed by the CCE shield, the generic death icon is displayed instead of the taser shield
- Fixed – [PC][XB1] Clash’s CCE shield is clips through partially broken barricades when rotating.
- Fixed – If the attackers drop the defuser, Smoke can move it by throwing his gadget on it.
- Fixed – Players are able to throw gadgets outside during the prep phase via the floor of 2F Bathroom.
- Fixed – Inconsistency between thumbnail icon and preview for Buck’s Grim Sky BDU.
- Fixed – Non-purchased items have the ‘set as active’ option.
- Fixed – Error message present in the pop-up modal when 2SV is active.
- Fixed – Pressing enter multiple times while the title is loading will cause the title to start a situation with the 2SV pop-up still on the screen.
- Fixed – All the Six Major Paris Charms appear with a placeholder model.