Ubisoft has announced its post-release plans for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey which includes a Season Pass and Assassin’s Creed 3 Remastered.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey will feature two story arcs included in the Season Pass which will release in the form of episodes.
The Season Pass also includes a copy of Assassin’s Creed 3 Remastered with all DLC.: the Benedict Arnold Missions, Hidden Secrets Pack and Tyranny of King George.
It also includes Assassin’s Creed 3: Liberation Remastered, which was originally released for PSP.
These Remastered editions will feature 4K and HDR on PC, PS4 Pro, and Xbox One X with higher resolution textures, a new graphics engine, and other graphical enhancements. Gameplay mechanics and ergonomics have also been improved.
Assassin’s Creed 3 Remastered will also be sold as a stand-alone title for players who do not own the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Season Pass. This was the case with Far Cry 3 Classic Edition when Far Cry 5 was released.
Information on the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Season Pass content follows.
- Story Arc 1 – Legacy of the First Blade: This episodic adventure will introduce players to the first hero to wield the iconic hidden blade, changing the course of history. Players will learn more about the backstory of the Assassins and why they choose to fight from the shadows. Starting December 2018, episodes will be released approximately six weeks apart.
- Story Arc 2 – The Fate of Atlantis: In the second story arc, players will confront godly creatures and uncover the secrets of the legendary sunken city. In a surprising saga filled with twists and turns, players will get even closer to Greek mythology and the First Civilization. Coming spring 2019, episodes will be released approximately six weeks apart.
The Season Pass is included in the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Gold, Ultimate, Spartan and Pantheon Editions, and is also available for purchase separately.
Free DLC will also be released, information on it is provided below. It will include new narrative content and weekly in-game events.
- The Lost Tales of Greece: Free episodic quest lines will release regularly in-between episodes, providing a constant flow of new stories for players to discover. These quests will feature familiar faces and new characters from the world of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
- Recurring In-Game Events: Each week a new epic ship or mercenary will appear, presenting players with challenging battles as they hunt down these powerful enemies. Daily and weekly contracts will send players on new quests across Greece.
- Discovery Tour: The educational tool that lets anyone explore the game in a conflict-free environment, will be available for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Players can traverse the entire interactive 3D recreation of Ancient Greece, free of conflict, time pressure or gameplay constraints, after launch.
- Many more updates: New monstrous and mythical creatures to defeat and a New Game Plus mode presenting new challenges and the ability to see how different choices affect players’ stories.
Ubisoft said the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey development team is “committed to support the game” and will continue to provide additional content in the future.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey releases October 5 on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. Those who own the Collectors and Ultimate Editions will be granted three days early, starting October 2.