Fortnite’s mysterious cube has been bested, and it has diddly squat inside.
Last week, following a liberal zapping of lightning bolts in Paradise Palms, a giant purple cube appeared in Fortnite’s desert. Someone has already managed to worm their way inside, and in the second most disappointing cube reveal in video games, it proved to be empty. Which isn’t a huge surprise at this stage.
The cube clearly isn’t meant to be penetrated, so it would have been a shocker to find anything interesting inside.
Reddit user Gsonicify and pals make their way inside the cube, but they didn’t have time to experiment because of the impending storm.
“It looked like my friend bumped into me right as I was bouncing up. Somehow this fucked up the Cube’s physics and it let me pass through,” he wrote on the thread. “After that for some reason the collision with it was also pretty messed up.”
He and his friends were playing in Playground Mode, and it doesn’t look like they’ve managed to replicate the glitch and get back inside yet.
You can head over to Gsonicify’s YouTube channel to watch the video with audio.
The cube heralds the coming of Season 6, and since it materialised, it’s been rolling its way across the map, going who knows where.
Here’s all the Fortnite Weekly Challenges so far
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Risky Reels
- Search Floating Lightning Bolts
- Score a Basket on different hoops
- Search between an Oasis, Rock Archway and Dinosaurs
- Shoot a clay pigeon at different locations
- Follow the treasure map found in Flush Factory
- Jump through Flaming Hoops with a shopping cart or ATK
- Search between a Gas Station, Soccer Pitch, and Stunt Mountain
- Hit a golf ball from tee to green on different holes
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Snobby Shores
- Complete Timed Trials
- Search where the Stone Heads are looking
- Follow the treasure map found in Dusty Divot
- Search between three oversized seats
- Follow the map in Shifty Shafts
- Visit Stone Heads