Fortnite’s cube ramps things up by emitting a low gravity field.
Season 6 is on the horizon in Fortnite, and the mysterious purple cube that dropped into the game last weekend is almost certainly going to usher it in. The cube has been moving across the map, and the latest development has seen it emit a low gravity field that has players bouncing off its surface like a giant trampoline.
When the cube first spawned in, it was discovered that it has the ability to recharge shields. Earlier this week, someone managed to get inside, but as expected it was empty.
No one is sure where the cube is headed yet, but you can keep up with its current location on this specially created page. Its path so far has been mapped out by FortniteBR, and you can check it out below.
— Fortnite Battle Royale News (@FortniteBR) August 28, 2018
There are all sorts of theories about the cube, where it’s going, and what the event it’s leading up to will be.
The reddit megathread is a goldmine for musings.
Either way, the gravity field has affected the cube’s movement schedule, so players are waiting to see what it gets up to next.
Here’s all the Fortnite Weekly Challenges so far
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Risky Reels
- Search Floating Lightning Bolts
- Score a Basket on different hoops
- Search between an Oasis, Rock Archway and Dinosaurs
- Shoot a clay pigeon at different locations
- Follow the treasure map found in Flush Factory
- Jump through Flaming Hoops with a shopping cart or ATK
- Search between a Gas Station, Soccer Pitch, and Stunt Mountain
- Hit a golf ball from tee to green on different holes
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Snobby Shores
- Complete Timed Trials
- Search where the Stone Heads are looking
- Follow the treasure map found in Dusty Divot
- Search between three oversized seats
- Follow the map in Shifty Shafts
- Visit Stone Heads