Fortnite’s upcoming “portable escape plan” item, which Epic Games teased this week, has popped up in the in-game news bulletin.
Fortnite players have now switched over from speculation mode to anticipation mode. Coinciding with the weekly Fortnite store refresh, the message of the day was updated with an image and a brief description of the Rift-To-Go.
The item description reads, “A rift you can carry in your pocket! Teleport above your current location and glide down.” This looks like it’s going to add a new layer of tactical team play, not to mention opening up way more flanking opportunities.
You can check out screenshots of the updated message of the day below (via Fortnite Intel):
The news update also teased the arrival of the Soaring 50’s limited-time mode (LTM). This version of Fortnite’s popular 50v50 mode adds in redeployable gliders.
Epic announced that Fortnite’s upcoming patch, v5.30, is due out tomorrow, August 23. The weekly challenges will follow on Friday.
Here’s all the Fortnite Weekly Challenges so far
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Risky Reels
- Search Floating Lightning Bolts
- Score a Basket on different hoops
- Search between an Oasis, Rock Archway and Dinosaurs
- Shoot a clay pigeon at different locations
- Follow the treasure map found in Flush Factory
- Jump through Flaming Hoops with a shopping cart or ATK
- Search between a Gas Station, Soccer Pitch, and Stunt Mountain
- Hit a golf ball from tee to green on different holes
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Snobby Shores
- Complete Timed Trials
- Search where the Stone Heads are looking
- Follow the treasure map found in Dusty Divot
- Search between three oversized seats
- Follow the map in Shifty Shafts
- Visit Stone Heads