Epic Games will soon be announcing a few changes to Fortnite’s matchmaking algorithms.
Although mouse and keyboard controls are not officially supported on either PS4, or Xbox One, some peripheral manufacturers, for a while now, have been selling mouse and keyboard kits for consoles.
Clearly, there is a big enough portion of players that rely on these peripherals on consoles.
This sent players into a bit of tizzy on the game’s Reddit forum, demanding Epic remove support for mouse altogether. Although Epic didn’t respond to these requests directly, the developer said that the current state of matchmaking is not ideal.
The solution, according to Epic, is through matchmaking tech.
“We’re actually working on some matchmaking tech, on the way, that’ll pair you against folks based on your choice of peripherals,” said one Epic community manager, promising to share more this coming week.
“Tl;dr if you’re on KB+M you’ll be against KB+M.”
This got one Reddit user to ask whether PC players who prefer to use controllers can also expect to be matched against other controller player. Of course, this is trickier to do on PC than it is on consoles, but another Epic representative said that next week’s info drop “will hopefully clear up some commonly asked questions around this.”
Here’s all the Fortnite Weekly Challenges so far
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Risky Reels
- Search Floating Lightning Bolts
- Score a Basket on different hoops
- Search between an Oasis, Rock Archway and Dinosaurs
- Shoot a clay pigeon at different locations
- Follow the treasure map found in Flush Factory
- Jump through Flaming Hoops with a shopping cart or ATK
- Search between a Gas Station, Soccer Pitch, and Stunt Mountain
- Hit a golf ball from tee to green on different holes
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Snobby Shores
- Complete Timed Trials
- Search where the Stone Heads are looking
- Follow the treasure map found in Dusty Divot
- Search between three oversized seats
- Follow the map in Shifty Shafts
- Visit Stone Heads