Spin the wheel and chance your luck, here’s how to complete the new High Stakes challenges in Fortnite and get away with the new crowbar pickaxe.
After a quiet couple of weeks on the challenge front, Fortnite have struck back with a vault full of new tasks to crack. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is not actually all that impossible – but involves playing the new Getaway LTM.
Fortnite High Stakes Challenges:
The High Stakes Fortnite challenges revolve around the brand-new Getaway LTM. In the LTM, squads of four players drop in to try and pull off a bank heist. Four safes are hidden around the map and each team has to try and hunt one down. Once you’ve lifted a Llama jewel from a safe, you have to battle your way to an extraction zone to make off with the loot.
- Play matches in the Getaway Limited Time Mode – 10
- Deal damage to Jewel-carrying opponents – 500
- Pick up a Jewel in different Getaway Limited Time Mode matches – 5
As straightforward as they come, jump into matches and when they’re completed you’ll be credited with progress towards the completion of this first High Stakes challenge. Your reward for playing ten matches is 5,000 juicy XP.
This is a little tougher, because everyone will be gunning for the same players. 500 damage is equivalent to five eliminations with no shield and two-and-a-half with full shield. The saving grace here is that you don’t have to deal all the damage during the same match. Concentrate on dealing any damage you can and it’ll quickly add up. Automatic weapons are always great for these kind of challenges, since you can tag players with multiple shots and their high rate-of-fire mean you can rack up hits even in team-shoot situations. For ticking off this challenge, you get a new spray featuring card suits.
You’ll have to be quick to get this one squared away, because there’ll be huge competition to grab the treasure in your squad as well as from other players. The only advice here is to be prepared and be quick when you reach the safe. Persevere through and you should be successful. You can also try to grab a jewel that’s already been looted by taking it from an enemy. In these encounters try being more aggressive. If there’s less distance to cover between you and the defeated opponent, then you have a better chance of taking the jewel if you win the gunfight. And for knocking off this final challenge you receive a new trail with cash streaming out behind you.
We’ve only got a couple more weeks of season 5 left and the teases have started. Have you checked out the gravity-defying Fortnite cube yet?
While you’ve still got time, the rest of this season’s mainline challenges are live too and we have guides for all the big hitters.
Here’s all the Fortnite Weekly Challenges so far
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Risky Reels
- Search Floating Lightning Bolts
- Score a Basket on different hoops
- Search between an Oasis, Rock Archway and Dinosaurs
- Shoot a clay pigeon at different locations
- Follow the treasure map found in Flush Factory
- Jump through Flaming Hoops with a shopping cart or ATK
- Search between a Gas Station, Soccer Pitch, and Stunt Mountain
- Hit a golf ball from tee to green on different holes
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Snobby Shores
- Complete Timed Trials
- Search where the Stone Heads are looking
- Follow the treasure map found in Dusty Divot
- Search between three oversized seats
- Follow the map in Shifty Shafts
- Visit Stone Heads