One of this week’s Battle Pass challenges in Fortnite requires dealing damage with grenades, but players are having trouble with it thanks to a bug.
This particular Fortnite Battle Pass challenge is part of the week 5 challenges and it tasks players with dealing damage to enemies using the Clinger, Stink Bomb, or standard Grenade.
Unfortunately, it appears the game isn’t being consistent in tracking the damage dealt. Several players on Reddit have been complaining about this problem for a couple of days, with no one sure when their grenade damage does and doesn’t count towards the challenge goal.
Grenades obviously still damage and kill players, but some bug prevents Fortnite from tracking this correctly. Some players say they’ve had more luck with the Clinger than the two other grenades, but it’s hard to say.
So far, Epic Games has not said anything about the bug, even just to acknowledge it. The bug will likely eventually be fixed, but until then, you may want to work on the rest of the challenges.
As always, you can return back to the grenade challenge throughout Season 5.
In other Fortnite news, Epic confirmed that it’s currently working on matchmaking changes that’ll ensure keyboard and mouse users only get matched with and against players using the same control method and not against controller users.
Fortnite’s Android beta is live now on Samsung Galaxy devices. Hit the link for more details.
Here’s all the Fortnite Weekly Challenges so far
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Risky Reels
- Search Floating Lightning Bolts
- Score a Basket on different hoops
- Search between an Oasis, Rock Archway and Dinosaurs
- Shoot a clay pigeon at different locations
- Follow the treasure map found in Flush Factory
- Jump through Flaming Hoops with a shopping cart or ATK
- Search between a Gas Station, Soccer Pitch, and Stunt Mountain
- Hit a golf ball from tee to green on different holes
- Follow the Treasure Map found in Snobby Shores
- Complete Timed Trials
- Search where the Stone Heads are looking
- Follow the treasure map found in Dusty Divot
- Search between three oversized seats
- Follow the map in Shifty Shafts
- Visit Stone Heads