Fortnite fans rejoice, there’s a brand-new weapon inbound! The v5.40 Content Update introduces the Suppressed Assault Rifle to Fortnite, but takes away the Drum Gun.
Fortnite Suppressed Assault Rifle:
The Suppressed Assault Rifle is described as a “sneaky weapon that rewards trigger discipline with precision,” so we can expect that it has quite a lot of recoil – uncommon for Fortnite guns. It deals 32/33 damage per shot though, so it should rip through health bars pretty quickly at most ranges.
Some people will be sad to see the high-capacity bullet hose that was the Drum Gun go, but with the rest of the submachine guns receiving a rework it felt a little redundant.
The patch doesn’t add a new LTM this week because the High Stakes challenges are still live – meaning you still have time to try your hand at The Getaway.
As for Save the World, Field Agent Rio joins the team, while the Weekly Horde Challenges include extra deadly and more aggressive Husks.
Fortnite v5.40 Content Update Patch Notes:
LIMITED TIME MODE: THE GETAWAY
- Players in the Getaway LTM can no longer land on the van without building.
- Reduced the Victory music at the end of a match.
- Jewel will no longer appear in inventory hotbar after being put in the Down-But-Not-Out state.
- Player models will no longer get stuck under the van after winning a match.
- Player models and items will no longer fall to the ground after winning a match.
- Enforcer Outfit no longer appears distorted to other clients from certain distances.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Suppressed Assault Rifle Added.
- Sneaky weapon that rewards trigger discipline with precision.
- Can be found in Vending Machines, floor loot, Treasure Chests, and Supply Drops.
- Available in Epic and Legendary Variants.
- 32/33 damage per shot.
- Vaulted Drum Gun
- Sub-Region Matchmaking added for Southeast Asia.
- More details here.
Save the World:
MISSIONS + SYSTEMS
- Weekly Horde Challenge 6 is now available:
- This week, deploy your portable Fort against hordes of assassin Husks – and players have no shields!
- Earn Field Agent Rio for the first-time completion.
- This challenge is also repeatable for Event Tickets.
- New Mythic Outlander – Field Agent Rio, has been added to the Weekly Horde Challenge.
- Features new Subclass – Rook
- New Perk – Phase Cannon: Phase Shifting empowers the equipped ranged weapon causing the next shot fired to shoot a Phase projectile which pierces enemies and deals 60 base energy damage. Switching or holstering weapons removes the effect.
- Mythic Ninja: Bladestorm Enforcer no longer appears distorted to other clients at certain distances.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Wraith Assault Rifle added to the Weekly Store.
- A silenced assault rifle with excellent headshot damage that maintains impressive accuracy when fired in controlled bursts.
- Equipped with a suppressor that greatly reduces the distance that enemies hear gunshots.
- Available Wednesday, September 12 at 8 PM ET until Wednesday, September 19 at 8 PM ET.