The first content update for Monster Hunter World on PC is here, bringing a new monster to the game alongside a few miscellaneous fixes.
Capcom has released a new update today for Monster Hunter World players on PC. Though this isn’t the game’s first one on the platform, it’s the first to bring additional content to the game.
In a similar fashion to the post-launch content drops PS4, and Xbox One players have been enjoying since February, the PC version is now ready to get regular content updates.
The new patch adds the first post-launch monster to PC, the mighty Deviljho. Deviljho is a high rank monster, available in six and seven-star quests. You’ll see Deviljho invade these quests, provided you’ve completed the “??? Rathian” investigation in the main story.
After meeting certain conditions, you’ll unlock a special assignment to hunt him. For a full breakdown of how to find and defeat the Large Monster, check out our Deviljho guide.
Beyond the new content, today’s update fixes the remaining connection problems Monster Hunter World PC players have been facing since launch. Though the game’s August patch got rid of most of them, it’s great to see the rest being eliminated.
In terms of networking improvements, the patch also lets the game automatically attempt to reconnect a host who disconnected from a session, and there’s now an error message that’ll show up when this attempt fails.
Check out the full change log below:
- Added a new monster: Deviljho (Includes new Deviljho weapons, and the Vangis α and β armor sets).
- Note: Deviljho will invade six star quests, seven star quests, and high rank expeditions once you have completed the investigation for the “??? Rathian” in the main story. After completing certain conditions, you will unlock the Deviljho special assignment.
- Added a new specialized tool: Dragonproof Mantle.
- Added a new costume for The Handler: Astera 3 Star Chef Coat (Downloadable Content)
- Fixed remaining connection issues that were causing excessive error messages.
- In the event a host is disconnected from a session, they will be reconnected as long there is a guest remaining in the session.
- In the event that you are disconnected from Steam, it will attempt to reconnect and will not display an error message unless the reconnection fails.
- Fixed issues that would slow down processing when a large amount of thunder element effects are displayed
- Fixed issues that would slow down processing when breaking off parts of Bazelgeuse’s back
- Fixed a bug where some players could not exit the Poogie menu when changing their Poogie’s name.
- Fixed a bug where Limited Bounty information would be lost when accessing the bounty list at the Resource Center in offline mode.
- Fixed a bug where the help text for setting Online Sessions to private provided incorrect information.
- Before: Make your Online Session invisible to searches. (Players can still join with the ID or via invitations.)
- After: Make your Online Session invisible to searches. (Players can still join with the Online Session ID.)
- Fixed an issue in Arabic where the “Groups” guild card title was not consistent with other titles (guild card titles are displayed in English). Before: المجموعة, after: Groups