Legendary Pokemon Latias and Latios will be made available for Pokemon Sun and Moon, and Ultra Sun and Moon players starting September 1.
The Pokemon Company has announced when players of either edition of Pokemon Sun and Moon can grab a code for either Latias or Latios from the Hoenn region.
Both of the Dragon/Psychic-type Legendary Pokemon will be distributed for 3DS systems via Nintendo Network September 1-23 in Europe.
In the US, Pokemon players will need to visit their local Best Buy store to grab the code September 2-29.
Pokemon Ultra Sun or Pokemon Sun players will be able add Latias to their game. Pokemon Moon and Ultra Moon players will receive a code for Latios. Stats for each Pokemon are posted in the image below.
How to get Latias or Latios for Pokemon Sun and Moon
- Open your Pokemon Sun and Moon or Ultra Sun and Moon game.
- Select Mystery Gift on the main menu.
- Select Receive Gift.
- Select Get with Code/Password, then Yes, then Yes again to connect to the internet.
- Enter your code.
- Watch as you receive your Pokemon.
- Resume the game, make sure you have an empty space in your party, and speak to the delivery person in any Pokemon Center to receive your Pokemon.
- Be sure to save your game.
The next distribution will occur in October when Dragon/Fire-type Reshiram and Dragon/Electric-type Zekrom from the Unova region are handed out.
Previous 2018 Legendary distributions for Pokemon Sun and Moon were: Thundurus and Tornadus in July, Shiny Zygarde in June, Xerneas and Yveltal in May, Entei and Raikou in April, Regigigas and Heatran in March, and Dialga and Palkia were handed out in February.
Players have until August 25 in Europe and the UK to grab a code for Kyogre or Groudon via GAME. Those located in the US will need to visit their local GameStop by August 26.
More Legendary Pokemon will be distributed through November.