The MP5, which has been in Counter-Strike games for years, has made its way into Counter-Strike: Global Offensive this week for the first time.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive didn’t launch with the MP5, which was instead replaced with the MP7. The weapon used to be known as the K&M SMG in Counter-Strike games up to Source.
The version available now in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is the SD variant, which comes with a silencer by default. The MP5-SD allows for a high movement speed in-game, but its damage and accuracy on the move aren’t great.
The MP7 will remain in Global Offensive, though Valve sees the MP5-SD as an alternative. For now, the new weapon is available in casual and deathmatch servers, as well as offline against bots.
The weapon was added in a new update, which also enabled the Panorama UI for Windows XP, and Vista players. See the full list of patch notes below:
- Added the all new MP5-SD, available for testing Offline and in Official Casual and Deathmatch servers. It can be equipped in your MP7 loadout slot.
- Lobbies advertised to nearby players and Steam Groups members will now expire after 5 minutes of the lobby leader’s inactivity.
- Added a way to start advertising single-user lobbies to nearby players and Steam Groups members from the permissions dialog.
- Fixed a bug causing some players, especially on DSL connections, to experience high packet loss due to packets being delivered out of order.
- Enabled Panorama UI on Windows XP and Windows Vista game clients.
- Enabled lobby chat when accept match popup is active.
- Fixed various multi-line messages clipping last line of text.
- Fixed unresponsive keyboard after typing and pressing ‘send’ in the chat panel.
- Allow sending a Steam message to recent teammates using new Steam chat.
- Spectator HUD elements now respect the cl_drawhud setting.
- Fixed reconnect button when it appears over lobby chat.
- Fixed MP7 walk up animation.
- Game state integration includes a field “round_totaldmg” to track total damage the player dealt.
- Various scoreboard bug fixes for different game modes.
- Various stability improvements and fixes.
- Fixed mapoverview icon scaling
- Added normal maps to Desert Eagle | Code Red and P90 | Traction
- Improved reliability of downloading Overwatch evidence in Perfect World CS:GO game client.
- This update includes a change to “csgo.exe” which, while signed with Valve digital certificate, may still trigger warnings in certain anti-virus packages and require users to manually change their AV software settings to update correctly.