Details and a release date for the promised God of War New Game+ have been provided by Sony.
Sony has announced a release date for the free, New Game+ update to God of War along with extra information.
The update will be released later this month, and the new mode will be available to those who have completed the story campaign. On any difficulty, mind.
With New Game+ comes new gear, more difficult enemies, cinematic skipping, and more. The features list is below.
- Relive the journey of Kratos and Atreus with all of your previous armors, enchantments, talismans, resources and abilities on the difficulty of your choosing.
- Test your skills against higher level enemies; some of which might even have a few new tricks up their sleeves.
- Unique to New Game+ is a brand new rarity level of equipment to craft and upgrade! Collect ‘Skap Slag’, a new resource to upgrade your gear to the best of the best from our finest blacksmiths.
- Play the game in a whole new way by exploring new customization options with extremely powerful new armor sets and enchantments.
- Finally, get right back into the action with the newly added ability to skip through cinematics in both normal and New Game+ modes once a full play through has been completed.
Sony announced at E3 2018 New Game+ would be added to God of War. The update lands August 20. We’ve re-posted the gallery of shots from the showcase below.