A definitive version of Middle-earth: Shadow of War will be released later this month.
Warner Bros. has announced the Middle-earth: Shadow of War- Definitive Edition, which includes all season pass content and subsequent updates.
Everything in the Definitive Edition is part of the previously released Gold Edition. This includes the updates and game improvements, so those who already own that version can just skip the rest of this if they wish.
The Definitive Edition features the main game, along with the full Expansion Pass, including additional story campaigns, missions, playable characters, Orc tribes, and more.
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War Main Game
- Slaughter Tribe – Nemesis Expansion
- Outlaw Tribe – Nemesis Expansion
- Blade of Galadriel – Story Expansion
- Desolation of Mordor – Story Expansion
Additionally, this edition includes the various enhancements and free content updates such as the post-game Epilogue , new skins and the complete removal of the market. Below is a list of updates included with the Definitive Edition.
- Market Closure: Complete removal of the market and microtransactions.
- Updated Post-Game: Streamlined post-game Epilogue (formerly Shadow Wars) with new narration from Shelob, the Witch-king and Dark Talion, plus new Masks of the Nazgûl player rewards.
- Nemesis System Enhancements: Numerous improvements bringing further depth to combat encounters and player interactions, along with added traits and behaviours for Orc enemies, more Legendary Orcs to encounter and more ways to get Training Orders.
- Powering Up: Follower level cap has been increased to 80, enemy Captain level cap has been increased to 85, greater XP rewards, new Prestige skills, upgrades and more.
- Gear Upgrades: Players can now use Mirian to raise the level of a piece of gear to their current level and use gems to re-roll abilities.
- Skins: Added player skins for Celebrimbor, Eltariel, Dark Eltariel, Baranor and Serka.
- Online Pit Fights & Conquests: Added search feature to challenge specific players’ Overlords and fortresses in Friendly Mode.
- Endless Siege: Added feature to defend fortresses against never-ending waves of Sauron’s forces.
- Rebellion: Added feature to crush rebel Ologs and Uruks who undermine the Bright Lord.
- Photo Mode Upgrades: Capture every battle with new filters, frames and textures
- Difficulty Levels: Added Brutal and Gravewalker difficulty levels.
- Player Stats: Added player stats page to track in-game enemy kills, dominations and betrayals.
Middle-earth: Shadow of War – Definitive Edition will be available for $59.99/£49.99. It releases August 28 in North America and August 31 in the UK for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.