Here’s how to complete one of this week’s most time-consuming challenges and Search Floating Lightning Bolts high up around the map.
To make sure the Floating Lightning Bolts – or as you’d say in Spanish, “Rayos Flotantes” – count towards your challenge progress, you can’t just glide through them. You have to land and then hold a button or key to search them properly.
You’re going to need a lot of materials to search these floating lightning bolts. They are actually quite high up in the air and can be quite difficult to gather when people are shooting at you. Try and wait until the mid-game when there’s less competition – or head over to 50vs50 – and you should be fine.
Search Floating Lightning Bolts:
You have to search seven Floating Lightning Bolts to complete the challenge. There are 20 on the map below, with some short written descriptions underneath to give you a bit more of an idea.
- Directly in the centre of Titled Towers.
- In the West of Retail Row between the ruined houses
- In the centre of the newly overgrown research centre above the Dusty Divot
- In the center of Greasy Grove to the northeast of the burger place
- Really high above the river to the northwest of Tomato Town
- In the sky above the Motel that’s between Anarchy Acres(now Lazy Links), Pleasant Park and Junk Junction
- Above the dock on the western bank of Loot Lake
If we find more places where you can search floating lightning bolts, then we’ll add them to the alternative locations.
Search Floating Lightning Bolts – alternative locations:
- You can find another floating lightning bolt to the west of Paradise Palms. It’s right next to the tall building in the northwest of the area.
- There’s another floating lightning bolt to the northeast of Snobby Shores. You can see it off the edge of the mountain, just south of the secret rocket base.
- You can find a floating lightning bolt above the crushed cars in the northwest of Junk Junction.
- Over in the unnamed location to the northeast of Flush Factory, there’s a floating lightning bolt to the southeast of the tall building with glass dome on top.
- To the northwest of Wailing Woods there’s a lightning bolt floating above the hill with the RV camper van on.
- Over the mouth of the river that meets the sea in the very north of the island.
- You can find a floating lightning bolt above the trees in the north of Wailing Woods.
- To the northeast of Lucky Landing there’s another lightning bolt floating next to the tall building that’s on it’s own a little way out from the area.
- There’s a lightning bolt in the centre of the two mountains between Pleasant Park and Haunted Hills.
- Above the bridge to the southeast of Shifty Shafts.
- You can see another lightning bolt to the west of the watchtower towards the south of Lonely Lodge.
- South of Retail Row and east of Salty, you can find another lightning bolt next to the wooden bridge.
- Over on the west side of Salty Springs there’s a floating lightning bolt between the houses.
Once you’re done with this challenge, why not try and follow the treasure map found in Risky Reels?
Another tip for floating lightning bolts: if you’re trying to search more than one in a game, how about snagging a new ATK golf cart to make things go quicker?