The next Sea of Thieves weekly event has kicked off.
Sea of Thieves players can participate in the latest event, The Sunken Curse, from July 11-25.
According to the description, players will be diving underwater to find mysterious artifacts. The Bilge Rats, as usual, have plenty of information on the objects, so be sure to listen to their conversations while visiting the local tavern.
These mysterious items are basically mermaid statues which rest in the shallows along the shores. Players are tasked with destroying the statues which harbor cursed, ancient magic.
Not all statues are bound by the a curse, but each regenerate health over time. This means some will require more firepower than others to destroy.
Here’s more of what to expect, per Rare, when The Sunken Curse kicks off tomorrow:
- Sunken Items – It’s not all malevolent curses in the shallows. Eagle-eyed pirates can also find artifacts, skulls and treasure chests hidden on the seabed.
- The Wailing Barnacle Cosmetics – The Hat, Dress and Jacket of The Wailing Barnacle have been added to the Bilge Rat shop. These items are time-limited and only purchasable with Bilge Rat Doubloons, so get them before July 25.
- Bilge Rat Titles – Earn three unique titles introduced with The Sunken Curse event and equip them straight from the Vanity Chest.
- Bilge Rat Doubloons – There are 100 Bilge Rat Doubloons available for the standard Commendations, and an additional 50 Bilge Rat Doubloons available for completing the Legendary Commendation and becoming a Legendary Curse Breaker. Each of The Sunken Curse Commendations on the Bilge Rat progress screen details the number of Bilge Rat Doubloons it rewards. You have until July 25 to earn Bilge Rat Doubloons by completing these Commendations.
- Bilge Rat Flag – A new flag has been added to all pirates’ flag inventories. This new flag can be used to show other pirates that they’re on the hunt for Bilge Rat Doubloons.
Along with The Sunken Curse update, a patch is available. We’ve posted the noted in entirety below.
Sea of Thieves update 1.1.6 – patch notes
- Xbox One: 1.64GB
- Xbox One X: 1.64GB
- Windows 10: 1.30GB
- The Wailing Barnacle Tattoo Set – Now available in the clothing shop on all Outposts, this tattoo set is purchasable with gold and here to stay.
- Legendary Skeleton Exploder Title – We heard feedback from our community that Legendary Commendations are deserving of a Legendary Title, so we have now introduced the ‘Legendary Skeleton Exploder’ Title. Existing players who have met the criteria can grab it in the Bilge Rat shop for free. If players unlock the Legendary Commendations required for Gunpowder Skeletons in the future, they will automatically be awarded this Title.
- Loading Screens – These now give players information about the latest goings-on and what’s new in the game.
- Front End Animations – Pirate animations have been updated when entering the game through the front end.
- UI Update – A small banner is shown on Commendations within the Bilge Rat progress screen when there are Bilge Rat Doubloons to be earned.
- Multiple server and client crash fixes. Further improvements and optimizations for all platforms are ongoing.
- Bilge Rat Doubloons which were earned but not rewarded correctly as part of the Skeleton Thrones Bilge Rats Adventure will be awarded. A fix will be rolled out over the next few days for players to receive Bilge Rat Doubloons which were not awarded correctly for the Skeleton Thrones event.
- Upon impact, cannonball knockback no longer causes unintended damage to fellow crew members.
- Bear & Bird Figurehead Loading Screen is now localised in all available languages.
- Mysterious Stranger conversation text is now correctly localised in German, French, Italian and Spanish.
- Ghost Trousers no longer appear broken on certain body types.
- Bilge Rat Trousers no longer appear inconsistent when equipped with a peg leg and mid-length boots.
- The Bilge Rat progression UI now correctly counts Gunpowder Skeletons event Titles towards the overall Title count.
- The option to enable and disable the Player Talking Indicator has been added back into Settings.
- Players should now see all their items once they have joined a new server.
- Loading Screen tips should no longer be clipping on 4:3 display screens.
- The ‘Gunpowder Plot’ Commendation and its Legendary Commendation counterpart may not unlock.
A fix for this issue is being investigated. The time-limited Gunpowder Skeletons event cosmetics will be available again in the future for any players wishing to complete the set.
- The Hungering Deep rewards were not received by a number of players who earned them. A resolution for this is being investigated and more information will be shared when available.
- Athena’s Fortune Bounty Quests are incorrectly blank. Team is currently investigating a fix for this issue as high priority.
- Players may experience details of their pirate (such as hair color / scars) looking different from their initial selection. Team is looking at a way for the Customer Support team to reset pirates to the original selection.
- Some players travel in an unintended direction when fired from a cannon.
- Some players may continue to hear muffled sound after being fired from a cannon. Players have reported that being fired out of a cannon again clears the muffled sound.
- The UI and pirates in the ‘Select Your Pirate’ carousel may not be visible for some players. Reports from players state the UI and pirates become visible after a few minutes.
Again, The Sunken Curse event for Sea of Thieves runs from today through July 25.