If you’ve been away from Minecraft for a while, you may wish to dive back in: the second phase of the Minecraft Aquatic update is live.
New features have been added to Minecrafts’s Aquatic update on Xbox One, Windows 10, mobile, Oculus and Switch.
If you missed the news regarding phase one, you can read up on what was included here.
Today, players can expect turtles (TURTLES!!!!) , bubble columns, a new mob, and more. We’re updating our game now, which means we’ll get zero accomplished this evening around the house.
We’ll quit waffling on and get right to what’s included with phase two.
Minecraft Aquatic Update – Phase Two features
- Realms are now available on Nintendo Switch
- The Drowned – These dangerous, underwater zombies lurk in dark, deep water and will come up to the shore at night
- Sea Turtles – These gentle creatures can be found swimming in oceans and tanning on beaches. Protect their eggs so more can hatch!
- Turtle Shell and Scute items
- Potion of the Turtle Master
- Nautilus Shells – Can be found while fishing or held by the Drowned
- Conduits can now be constructed underwater and give players the Conduit Power effect. Craft them with Nautilus Shells & Heart of the Sea
- Bubble Columns – Magma Blocks create downward flowing columns and Soul Sand creates upward flowing bubbles
- New Achievements!
- Added new commands that only affect worlds with Education Edition enabled: 1. /ability – Sets a player’s ability 2. /immutableworld – Sets the immutable state of the world 3. /worldbuilder – Toggle World Builder status of caller
- Changed the menu background to be themed for Update Aquatic
- Undead mobs will now sink in water and can walk on the bottom
- Improved the steering of Boats when using keyboard and mouse by pressing W to move forward and S to reverse
- Dolphins can now be given Raw Fish or Raw Salmon and will swim towards the nearest Ocean Ruins or Shipwreck
- Husks that have sunk in water will now transform into Zombies and Zombies will transform into Drowned
- Skeleton Horses can now be ridden underwater
- Skeletons and Strays will switch from ranged to melee attacks while underwater and switch back when out of water
- Coral blocks will no longer die as long as one side is touching water
- Improved player swimming at the surface of water
- Tridents can now be enchanted with Mending and Unbreaking
- Added an animation when using Riptide in first person perspective
- Slightly decreased the friction of Blue Ice
- Updated the texture of the top of Kelp
- Updated the texture of Cooked Fish
- Updated the Riptide spin texture
- Default Field of View has been reduced from 70 to 60 and can be adjusted in Video Settings
- Tridents will no longer break blocks in Creative mode
- The Inventory button has been moved to the top of the Store page