Following a bit of a delay, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds has now kicked off the final round of testing for the Sanhok map.
So it’s now time to see all the changes PUBG Corp. made to the 4x4km map since we last tried it. To begin with, all the changes (including performance upgrades) made to the main game in this week’s patch 14 are part of this test.
As far as Snahok-specific changes, expect a slightly longer match time (by 50 seconds). The last three blue zones will now also move a little bit slower, and the dynamic blue zone will now kick in a bit later.
Item and weapon attachment spawn rate have been increased by 3%. Outside of the gameplay changes, expect a much richer environment thanks to many added objects and set dressing to make them look more convincing.
PUBG Corp. previously announced Sanhok will officially launch later this month, so there’s not a lot of waiting left. As a reminder, Sanhok is available to all owners of the game on the PUBG: Experimental Server until 4am PT, 7am ET, 12pm BST on Monday, June 4.
See below for all the changes:
- Overall item spawn rate increased by 3%.
- Weapon attachment spawn rate increased by 3%.
- Vertical grip, angle grip, thumb grip, half grip, and light grip spawn rates increased by more than double.
- Decreased moving speed of the last three bluezones in Sanhok
- Slightly increased waiting time of the dynamic bluezone
- Overall playtime increased by approximately 50 sec
- Increased the wait time of the final circle from 30 to 60 seconds
- For performance reasons, the waiting area before each match starts will be spread out across three locations
- Increased the amount of throwable apples from 10 to 20
- Towns are showing new signs of life! Towns now have been giving a new pass of environmental set dressing.
- Thai-style rock walls are now spread across the map. These aren’t the final, polished assets, but we wanted to get them in early. Try climbing up them and let us know how you feel about them!
- We’ve added additional set dressing and material work to these areas.
- Removed grenade cooking animation and sound when throwing apples in the starting area before match starts.
- Fixed an issue where apples in the starting area turned black
- Fixed an issue of infinite loading and stuck in black screen when entering the match
- Sometimes in FPP, if the player was vaulting at the time when the game starts, the player doesn’t get on board in the plane and instead flies straight to the final destination of the plane. (Yes, still, again)
- When using the Death Cam, sometimes players disappear or weapons become invisible.
- Sometimes in spectate mode or Death Cam, scopes are visible, but scope mesh isn’t.
- Sometimes other players appear as zombies.
- Sometimes the blue zone indicator on the minimap gets temporarily out of sync.