Epic Games is still tweaking Thanos in Fortnite’s new limited time Avengers: Infinity War mashup mode.
The Mad Titan was recently nerfed, but Epic has decided to give him a little buff while also making him easier to kill. A buffnerf, if you will.
Epic’s last tweak increased the purple menace’s health while reducing his damage output. This one does the opposite.
The idea is to let players feel truly powerful while controlling him, while at the same time allowing other players to take him out easier so more people get to experience playing as Thanos.
Here are the changes:
- Increased Beam from 12 to 20 damage on players.
- Increased Punch damage from 80 to 100.
- Decreased health from 800 to 500.
Outside of that, Epic has also fixed floor loot drops in the Infinity Gauntlet mode, so they should now correctly only spawn Rare, Epic, and Legendary quality weapons.
There are also some tweaks for general play:
- Reduced height of the Bus when dropping
- Bigger initial storm circle
- Less storm damage early game (first 3 storms from 5%/5%/10% per tick to 1%/2.5%/5%)
- Initial Gauntlet spawn time changed from bus ride plus 30-45s to bus ride plus 120-135s
- Increased spawn rate of Med Kits, Chug Jugs and Big Shields.
- Removed spawn of Bandages and Slurp Juice.
If you’re still trying to finish off those Fortnite Week 2 challenges, check out our dedicated guide page at that link.
Have you tried the new mode in Fortnite? Let us know what you think in the comments.