PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds’ small map, Sanhok, formerly known as Savage, returns to testing today.
The version that hits PUBG Experimental Server later today will be different to the last one players played on. For starters, many of the game’s locations now have proper names.
What’s more, you’ll be seeing a lot more textured objects, including buildings and other outdoor environments to give them each a distinct look. You’ll also find several new locations all over Sanhok.
Gameplay-wise, the recent weapon balance overhaul seen in the live game has now carried over to the new map. Item spawn rate has been adjusted as a result, which also includes new additions such as the various new grips.
Beyond that, PUBG Corp. made some Sanhok-specific changes like increasing the total number of available assault rifles overall, while reducing the spawn rate of the M416 compared to the rest of the roster.
The red zone, which many complained was unfair on Sanhok, is seeing an adjustment as well. It now has a very small chance of appearing inside the white circle. The idea is to make it more risky for players who want to stay between the blue and white.
Check out all the changes below:
- We’ve applied the same weapon balance and item spawn changes from the current PUBG live servers
- Increased the overall item spawn amount
- Adjusted the AR spawn balance in the world
- Increased total amount of AR
- Slightly decreased spawn ratio for M416, but the total amount spawned will remain similar to before
- Increased spawn ratio for M16A4, AKM
- Before boarding the plane, you can now throw apples (found in your inventory)
- Generally, redzones will no longer appear inside the safe zone (white circle). There are some exceptions when the blue circle is too close to the white circle.
- With this change, it becomes a bit more risky to play outside of the safe zone.
- Added extra design variants for the Aquarail
- Added spawn points for Aquarails and Motorbikes near the cave area
-Changed some area names:
-Added four new areas:
- Na Kham
-Improved existing areas:
- Paradise Resort
- Blood effects should now appear as intended
- Certain FPS drop issues and sound issues have been resolved
- Fixed an issue causing the “aim punch” effect to be too noticeable.
- Certain invisible objects in buildings have been removed
- The minimap now shows areas 200 meters away (instead of 100m)
Known issues (investigating
- Sometimes in FPP, if the player was vaulting at the time when the game starts, the player doesn’t get on board in the plane and instead flies straight to the final destination of the plane. (Yes, still)
- When using the Death Cam, sometimes players disappear or weapons become invisible.
- Sometimes in spectate mode or Death Cam, scopes are visible, but scope mesh isn’t.
- Sometimes other players appear as zombies.
- Sometimes the bluezone indicator on the minimap gets temporarily out of sync.