Destiny 2: Warmind is nearly here. Here’s what time you can dive in, in your time zone.
Destiny 2: Warmind releases today, and if all goes according to plan, you’ll be heading to Mars around lunchtime – depending upon your timezone, obviously.
But first, some server downtime, during which Bungie will implement all the changes coming to Destiny 2 for Season 3. As ever with scheduled maintenance, there’s no guarantee of hitting the expected end time.
The good news is you’ll be able to download Warmind during downtime, so if console networks and your ISP are on the same page, the new content will be installed once things are back online.
Below you will find Destiny 2 downtime, Destiny 2: Warmind download and unlock timings for today. File and storage size requirements are also listed, along with preliminary patch notes.
Full patch notes are usually provided just before or during downtime. Bungie estimates the patch notes will go live around 10am PDT/1pm EDT. Once the full notes are available, we’ll post the list separately.
Destiny 2 Season 3 update downtime
Destiny 2 will be down for five hours come 6am PDT while Bungie rolls out Warmind, update 1.2.0, and hotfix 220.127.116.11. We’ve converted that to a few other timezones below. Note that the end time is an estimate, and there’s a possibility it may be pushed back.
- US West: 6am
- US East: 9am
- UK: 2pm
- West Europe 3pm
- Sydney: 1am (Wednesday)
When you can download Destiny 2: Warmind
You can start downloading the update after the game has been down for about an hour. Again, we’ve got that in a few timezones below.
- US West: 7am
- US East: 10am
- UK: 3pm
- West Europe: 4pm
- Sydney: 2am (Wednesday)
When you can play Destiny 2: Warmind
Destiny 2: Warmind will unlock for play when the Destiny 2 servers come back online at the end of the scheduled downtime. As mentioned above, this is an estimated time and may be pushed back.
- US West: 11am
- US East: 2pm
- UK: 7pm
- West Europe: 8pm
- Sydney: 6am (Wednesday)
Destiny 2 Warmind Storage Requirements
Destiny 2, including all updates, has the following storage requirements for each platform:
- PlayStation 4: 53GB
- Xbox One: 50GB
- PC: 48GB
Storage Space Needed for Download
- PlayStation 4: 71GB
- Xbox One: 50GB
- PC: 68GB
Destiny 2 Patch 1.2.0 Preview
There’s quite a bit more to Destiny Update 1.2.0, but Bungie provided a quick overview of feature changes and bug fixes that will deploy today.
- As a short-term solution, Vault space has been increased from 200 to 300 items.
- You now can configure all four emote options with player-selected emotes.
- The entire emote collection is now always available to you for convenient swapping.
- Items in the emote collection have been removed from the Vault, as it’s no longer needed.
- Will now feature a Leviathan Guide emblem that tracks the number of raid encounters and raids a player has completed as a Guide.
- This emblem rewards a unique aura for 14 days after a player completes a raid as a Guide.
- Once a week while the aura is active, guiding a raid to completion grants one Bright Engram.
New Inventory Category
- A new inventory category has been created that will contain pursuit tracking items, such as those for Exotic quests.
- Items in the Pursuits category are specific to each character and not shared across the account.
In-Game Audio Settings
- SFX Volume
- Dialogue/Cinematics Volume
- Music Volume
- Chat Volume
Raid and Raid Lair Reward Lockouts
- Weekly lockouts for raid and raid lair rewards are now class-based.
- Players running multiple characters of the same class will receive rewards only the first time they run the raid or raid lair in a given week.
- Fixed an issue with collections where event emblems would not show up unless players owned Curse of Osiris.
- Fixed an issue where players would encounter a black screen upon loading into the Tower.
- Fixed an issue where Cayde was offering only one treasure map for Mercury.
Destiny Update 1.2.0 Known Issues
Bungie has identified the following issues ahead of Update 1.2.0. Each are currently under investigation.
- The female Titan’s Dead Orbit leg armor piece, Anti-Extinction Greaves, may display a small visual issue.
- Once upgraded to a Masterwork, an Exotic weapon or armor piece will not display as a Masterwork when viewed from an Exotic engram preview.
- Players are not able to matchmake into strikes from an expansion they do not own. Players will receive a prompt to purchase the needed expansion if they attempt to join a fireteam of players who own an expansion that they do not own themselves.
- Some quest items in the Warmind campaign may not show up in the loot stream of all fireteam members. However, the quest item should still be added to the inventories of all fireteam members.
- If players have a full engram inventory, they may not be able to accept some vendor quest items until they make space in their inventory.
Exotic Armor Tooltips
- We are aware of an issue in which the perk text on Warmind Exotic armor tooltips appears in a different color than on similar gear pieces. This does NOT mean that players need to unlock these perks to be able to access them.