Fortnite servers have gone down for weekly maintenance, and to prepare for the launch of update 3.6.
Fortnite’s patch 3.6 adds the Clinger, a sticky grenade Epic has been teasing via the in-game news feed. The Clinger is available in both Battle Royale, and Save the World modes.
The Clinger very much works like a regular sticky grenade in other games, and yes, you can stick it to your enemies. It can be found in regular floor loot, supply drops, supply llamas, and treasure chests.
The other addition in patch 3.6 is the Noble Launcher, which is only available in Save the World. You can charge it up to shock enemies.
Outside of new content, update 3.6 removed the ability to link your Twitch account through the game. This can still be done on Epic Games’ website. It also fixed an issue that caused metal doors to stop making a sound when closed.
Further changes include an improvement to hit registration at range for sniper rifles and crossbows, and a reduction to Remote Explosives drop rates in Treasure Chests by 40%.
Fortnite’s Season 4 starts soon, hit the link for all the details. As for the patch notes, check out the full list of notes below
Fortnite 3.6 Battle Royale patch notes
Weapons and Items
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Location: Floor Loot, Supply Drops, Supply Llamas, Treasure Chests
- Explosion Delay (once attached to target): 2.5 seconds
- Player Damage: 100
- Structure Damage: 200
- Radius: 1 Tile
- Max Stack Size: 10
- Pickup Stack Size: 3
- Stick this grenade to an enemy and wait for it to explode after a short duration!
- Cannot explode in the air.
- Will cling to any surface or player hit.
- Will detonate early if a structure it is attached to is destroyed.
- Increased accuracy by 10%.
- Decreased recoil by 10%.
- Increased damage from 16/17 (Epic/Legendary) to 18/19.
- Port-a-Fort tires no longer grant falling damage immunity after players bounce off them.
- Port-a-Fort trajectory preview now indicates if it will build with stilts and a ramp.
- Port-a-Fort trajectory now turns red if aimed too high.
- Reduced chances of finding Remote Explosives in Treasure Chests by ~40%.
- Greatly improved hit registration of long range Sniper Rifle and Crossbow projectiles.
- Fixed a collision issue with the Port-a-Fort tires that allowed downed players to hide in them.
- Fixed an issue where Submachine Guns intermittently failed to reload.
- Fixed an issue where Cozy Campfire healed for one more second than intended.
- Fixed an issue where red hitmarkers wouldn’t show when the Rocket Launcher dealt damage.
- The red light on Remote Explosives can no longer be seen through doors.
- Fixed an issue causing consumables from Loot Llamas and Supply Drops to exceed the maximum stack size in a player’s inventory.
- Short fences will no longer block you from building structures.
- First shot accuracy is now reset when you crouch, uncrouch, or switch weapons.
- Players now spawn closer to their squadmates on the starting island.
- Moved the groups of spawn points on the starting island to be closer to one another.
- Supply Drop balloon health has been adjusted based on playlist. Solo: 500, Duo: 750, Squad: 1250
- Supply Drops now spawn twice as high and fall twice as fast.
- Fixed an issue where primary fire could be interrupted when releasing aim down sights.
- Fixed an issue where sprinting could stop if you switched to build mode and attempted to quickly build a ramp.
- Fixed an issue causing player’s weapons to automatically fire after placing a structure and switching to the weapon.
- Balloon collision no longer remains after the crate is opened.
- Supply Drops no longer get stuck on structures, trees, or in the air.
- Fixed Port-a-Fort tires floating in the air when Port-a-Fort is thrown at a Supply Drop.
- Players no longer take falling damage when landing on top of tires.
- Fixed an issue that caused doors to recoil after quickly spamming the interact input when approaching the door.
- Fixed an issue that switched the wrong building piece to edit mode when attempting to edit a different piece.
- Self-Service Cosmetic Returns featured has been added.
- Will allow you to return up to 3 cosmetic purchases for V-Bucks (lifetime).
-Items that can be returned
- Harvesting Tools
- Back Bling
-Items that cannot be returned
- Battle Pass
- Battle Pass Tiers
- Starter Pack
- Founder’s Pack
- Founder’s Pack Upgrades
- Loot Llamas (Save the World)
- Event and Weekly Items (Save the World)
- The Shadowplay Highlights button is visible on the victory screen again.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Shadowplay Highlights button to function on the Lobby tab after switching to another tab.
- Fixed an issue that removed the “Remove Marker” icon from the map.
- Fixed an issue causing teammates map icons to render under the Battle Bus on the map.
- Fixed an issue preventing certain inputs from closing the Squad Comms wheel.
- Improved the sound for multiple Supply Drops spawning together, indicating how many spawned and where they spawned from.
- Fixed the Supply Drop opening sound not being audible from a distance.
- Fixed an issue causing chest audio to not play in some cases.
- Sound effects for metal doors now play when closing the doors.
Art and animation
- Fixed an issue causing parts of Raven’s clothing to stretch across the screen in the Locker.
- Fixed an issue with the Bitemark pickaxe that prevented the biting physics from working properly.
- Improved hitching that occurs on player elimination (more improvements coming in v4.0).
- Resolved hitching that occurred when rendering foliage.
- Reduced hitches on Mac by including precompiled shaders so they no longer need to compile in-game.
- Added an option to enable a Fire button (right side of screen), which can be enabled via the setting ‘Use Tap to Fire’.
- Fixed interactions where players failed to revive teammates and open chests.
- Fixed an issue where resources being gathered were displayed in the wrong location.
- Fixed an issue in which characters would occasionally move when the map was opened.
- Fixed an issue that prevented friendly structures from being edited.
Fortnite 3.6 Save the World patch notes
Weapons and items
- This grenade sticks to targets and explodes a short time later.
- Grenade does not damage player built structures.
- Can be found in drops in the world, and expires at the end of the mission.
-Noble Launcher added (available starting March 25 at 8pm ET)
- Heavy weapon that fires a wave of piercing energy.
- Has three charge states:
- Uncharged (0.5 tile wide)
- Moderate Charge (1 tile wide)
- Max Charge (1.5 tiles wide)
- Deals energy damage, which is fairly effective against all types of elemental enemies.
-Adjusted Energy Ammo Costs
- Amount of Energy Ammo per craft increased from 80 to 100.
- Drops of Energy Ammo in the world increased by 20%.
- Bacon may now be found in greater quantity…. wherever bacon may be found
Missions and systems
-Salvage the Drone mission adjustments
- The Drone will now crash less frequently.
- The Drone should no longer crash next to a primary mission defense location.
- Completion rewards have been improved to drop a wider variety of items.
- Salvage resources have been tripled.
- In Thunder Route 99, destroying mine support structures now grants the correct wood resource.
- Difficulty pylon cost has been returned to a flat cost of 2 BluGlo per difficulty increase.
- The anomaly can be destroyed by anything doing world damage, including abilities and shooting.
- Once the anomaly has been destroyed, you must now retrieve the shards by interacting with them.
- Concrete corner walls in cities and industrial zones no longer block player built structures
- Reduced the resurrect time on Defenders from 5 seconds to 2 seconds.
- Rifts and Encampments should no longer block projectiles.
- Traps no longer ‘float’ when the wall they are on has been destroyed.
- Corrected an issue where Remote Explosives could not be thrown while sprinting.
- Removed predictive stair rotation that would frequently guess wrong.
- Controllers can now zoom on the Mission Select screen by holding the triggers.
- Missions can now be selected by double clicking them on the map screen.
- Removed ammo visualisation from the HUD due to instances causing it to not reliably fit on screen.
- Fixed an issue that prevented scrolling through the quest description for the quest, ‘Reunion Tour’.
- Fixed an issue where quest updates would pop up behind the build option HUD.
- Fixed an issue where rewards appeared offscreen on the Mission Select screen.
- Fixed a delay that occurred when leaving a mission after pressing the ‘Return to Homebase’ button.
- Significantly reduced hitching in the Transform menu.
- Fixed an issue where high level players could only hit Power Level 124. They can now get up to Power Level 125.
- Fixed an issue that caused Bullet Storm Jonsey’s ‘Start Up’ and ‘Start Faster’ perk to not grant the correct amount of bonus rate of fire.
- Fixed an issue where players could shoot during Constructor’s Bull Rush animation.
- Fixed an issue where certain enemies were showing up too often within the world.
- ‘Feel the Base’ shockwave sounds redesigned to be more impactful and have more… bass