Fortnite’s content update 3.5 is currently rolling out on all platforms as maintenance kicks off.
Weekly maintenance has started in Fortnite and the game’s content update 3.5 is now available to download on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. This week’s content update is a bit light on content, but there’s still lots of new additions to look forward to.
3.5 brings two new weapons, one for Save the World PvE mode, and another for Battle Royale. Save the World’s weapon is the Cyberpunk-themed energy weapon, the Mercury LMG. It has a big magazine and you can find it in the event store.
For Battle Royale, the LMGs Epic has been teasing have now arrived it. All variants come with 100 bullets in the magazine, and they have a fast rate of fire.
When today’s maintenance ends, you’ll find a new version of the 50v50 limited time mode. The new version features two busses with 50 players each. Update 3.5 adds new content for Save the World in the form of the Into the Storm: Encore questline, which lets you unlock one of two Cyberpunk Heroes when finished.
Outside of new content, the patch makes a very important fix to peeking to prevent players from accidentally shooting their own structures.
As an apology for the game’s unexpected, extended downtime recently, Epic is awarding players with double XP this weekend. All players will also receive 20 Battle Pass Stars in Battle Royale, and 1,600 Seasonal Gold in Save the World.
Check out all patch notes below:
Fortnite 3.5.2 update: Battle Royale
- Peeking is being reverted back to how it functioned prior to v3.5. This should solve the issue causing players to accidentally shoot their own structures while trying to peek. More info here.
- Limited Time Mode: 50V50 v2
- Two teams of 50 fight to the finish!
- Due to this being a “large squad” mode, Profile Stats will not be tracked. Daily & Weekly challenges will still work, with the exception of the Squad-based challenges (‘Place Top 6 in Squads’, etc.).
- Each team has a bus, approaching the island from opposite directions. On the map, the friendly bus has a blue outline, enemy has red.
- Final storm circle visible on minimap at start.
- Players have 10 minutes to loot the map as the storm closes in on the circle, then 5 minutes to fight, and another 5 minutes as the storm shrinks to the end.
- Supply drops come in batches of 3-6, fall every two minutes, and only land in the final storm circle.
- Added dotted line to map, which indicates the “battle lines” between the two teams. Crossing the line will make running into enemies more likely.
- Farming resources increased 75% over default.
- Increased floor loot spawn likelihood by 15%.
- Floor Loot spawns double ammo.
- Ammo boxes spawn triple ammo.
- Chests spawn double ammo & consumables.
- Supply drops spawn double ammo, and an extra consumable, resource drop and trap.
- Bug Fixes + Mode Improvements
- Fixed a bug that created uneven teams where one side could have more than 50 players.
- Downed players lose health more quickly than normal (10 health per tick).
Weapons and Items
- Light Machine Gun added.
- Rare and Epic rarities.
- Can be found in Floor Loot, Treasure Chests, and Vending Machines.
- 25 / 26 damage (Rare / Epic).
- 100 round magazine, fires Medium ammo.
- 5 second reload time.
Fortnite 3.5.2 update: Save the World
Missions and systems
- Into the Storm: Encore
- Crank up the Steel Wool and get ready to fight as Lars continues his journey into the storm.
- Complete this new questline to unlock one of the four new Cyberpunk Heroes.
Weapons and items
- Mercury LMG
- Energy assault weapon with a moderate rate of fire and large magazine size.
- Available in the Event Store at 8pm EST on April 18.