Sea of Thieves patch 1.0.2 has been deployed.
Rare took servers for Sea of Thieves offline yesterday to apply the latest update to the game.
One of the biggest takeaways from the patch notes is the increased respawn distance for sunken ships, which has been a testy subject with players from the start.
When a player’s ship was sank by another player, their new ship would respawn near enough to the enemy ship for it to sink the player again. This resulted in tons of griefing, and an enormous amount of frustration.
Once patch 1.0.2 is applied to the game, Sea of Thieves players who were sunk will now respawn “outside of visible view” of the ship that sank them. That’s great news.
Full notes are below.
Sea of Thieves patch 1.0.2
Download size: Around 450MB for all platforms.
- Ship respawn distance – When a ship sinks, we have significantly increased the distance at which the crews new ship will respawn. Ships will now respawn outside of visible view of the ship that sank them.
- Mermaid Teleport – Pirates will now have to drop any treasure item they are carrying before being able to see the ‘Teleport back to ship’ option from the mermaid. We saw feedback that players were accidentally leaving treasure behind in the sea, so wanted to make it more clear that when you teleport you leave your treasure behind!
- [PC Only] Players should no longer experience the 0x80070005 error or get stuck at 99% during installation.
- Players are no longer able to fall through the ship geometry and into the sea if they are to repeatedly jump on the chests/barrel located mid deck
- The voyage image on the captain’s table now displays the rank (promotion) banner in the top right corner, to keep in line with other areas of the game UI.
- When accepting a game invitation whilst matchmaking, the game no longer enters a temporary unresponsive state.
- Bounty Captains will no longer spawn multiple times.
- Multiple server and client crash fixes.
- Further improvements and optimizations for all platforms are ongoing.
- Players may experience details of their pirate (such as hair color / scars) looking different from their initial selection.
- Achievements earned prior to March 29th are delayed, but will be awarded once our fix is applied.Some players are unable to equip a second weapon.
- For a potential workaround check the Support Article. For an update on these three issues, please read the Launch Update.
- Some players have not received their Black Dog Pack code. If you pre-ordered from the official Microsoft Store, please submit a Support ticket through Support. If you pre-ordered from another retailer, please contact them to receive your code.
- Some players cannot see their downloadable content in game. Please read the Support Article for a potential workaround for this issue.
- Bounty quest skeletons sometimes do not spawn or cannot be found. If you encounter this bug, a potential work around is to sail away from the island until it’s out of range, and then sail back in to trigger the Island Name banners.