PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds players currently testing the smaller Savage map will have noticed a killer new feature that’ll soon be making its way to everyone.
That being the ability to spectate the player who killed you for the rest of the match. PUBG’s latest test patch, available now, added the feature, inspired by Fortnite.
This is something PUBG players started asking for when they first saw it in Fortnite, mainly because it can be entertaining to watch how the final few encounters play out after your death.
Patch 9 will hit live servers later today following three hours of maintenance that kick off at 7pm PT, 10am ET, 3am UK (April 5).
Spectating your killer is only a matter of hitting the ‘watch’ button on the death screen. If your killer dies, you get to spectate their killer and so on. It also does a smart thing by allowing you to spectate the nearest player when your killer dies to a red zone, blue circle or other non-player-induced deaths.
Unfortunately, if you choose to watch the kill cam, you won’t be able to spectate your killer.
The patch also fixes a bug that caused vehicles to flip for no reason. You can have a look at the full change log below.
Spectate your killer
- Players can now spectate their killer by clicking the “watch” button on their match result screen
- You can report a player you are spectating in Killer Spectate mode by pressing R
- If you click Death Cam, you won’t be able to use the Killer Spectate mode
-Solo killer spectating
- If you get killed by the Blue Zone, the Red Zone or from falling, you can spectate the nearest player from your death location
- When the player you were spectating dies, you can continue spectating the killer of that player
- If the player you were spectating gets disconnected, you can continue spectating their killer
-Duo / Squad killer spectating
- Same as above but can only spectate the enemy team after all your team members are dead
- The default setting for voice chat changed to “Team Only”
- Fixed a bug where vehicles suddenly flip, go flying or come back to the starting point while driving
- Fixed a bug where the IGN of your killer was not shown when viewing Death Cam
- Adjusted the rotation axis for the preview model in customisation menu for better usability