Fatshark has released a hotfix for Vermintide 2 which aims to address issues that arose with update 1.0.4.
Vermintide 2 was patched earlier this week, and today’s update will fix “a few mistakes” introduced in version 1.0.4.
According to the hotfix notes for 18.104.22.168, Fatshark has rolled back some of the changes to how spawn roamers and specials are handled.
This week’s patch aimed to address the lack of variety in spawned roamers, but instead the changes “left the levels feeling a bit deserted.”
“Our eagerness to polish and balance your experience resulted in a rushed patch with too little internal testing,” said the studio. “The fixes in this version should solve this – Legend should now be a fair and balanced challenge and enemy population should be sufficiently numerous.
“We want to provide a solid challenge that nicely scales as you progress through the difficulties with a high degree of mutability. For those that want to further tweak the resistance you are facing we hope that deeds, tomes and grims does the trick.”
Hotfix 22.214.171.124 also addresses an issue where Champion difficulty used the same peak clamp as Legendary difficulty. This resulted in higher peaks “when everything wants to spawn at the same time.” The team removed the most extreme of peaks for Champion players.
Legendary has also received a high clamp to keep things “fair”.
If have yet to give the first game a go, Vermintide it is on sale through Steam until April 1 for up to 75% off
Full notes for Vermintide 2 hotfix 126.96.36.199 are below.
Fixes / Tweaks
- Fixed a crash for Sienna Unchained, when converting damage to Overcharge while standing in any kind of damaging liquid, most commonly Bile Troll vomit.
- Fixed a crash for when Kerillian’s Waystalker Career Skill had just been used, and she then jumped onto a ladder.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when switching cosmetics in the inventory.
- Garglechomp Hobblegob remains unchanged since 1.0.4.
- Certain graphics options prompt players to restart the game to apply them. Doing so will crash. The next time the game is started, the settings are applied. Fatshark is aware of this issue and it will be fixed in the next version.