Destiny 2’s next patch, version 1.1.4, has been given a release date.
In this week’s weekly update, Bungie revealed a few new details about update 1.1.4, which is out on Tuesday, March 27.
First things first, the patch goes live following a two-hour maintenance. It kicks off at 9am PT, 12pm ET, 5pm UK. At this point, you won’t be able to log into the game, but anyone still playing will get a notification to wrap it up.
An hour later, everyone remaining will be kicked back to the title screen. Maintenance concludes at 11am PT, 2pm ET, 7pm UK. This is also when the patch becomes available.
Following on from the introduction of Nightfall Scoring and Challenge Cards in update 1.1.3, update 1.1.4 will add unique rewards to Nightfalls. You increase your chances of earning them by using the Challenge Card modifiers to set higher personal scores, but anyone can earn them.
On the PvP side, 1.1.4 will add quitter penalty to competitive playlists. These timeouts will last for 30 minutes, for repeat offenders. Bungie is also expanding its cheat detection tech in the same update.
The full change log is still being finalised, but Bungie shared a few confirmed notes so far.
- When playing strike or Crucible activities, “repeat reduction” will be introduced to prevent players from having to play the same strike or crucible map many times in succession
- Exotic repetition reduction will prevent players from receiving the same Exotic reward multiple times in a row from Exotic engrams
- Players can still receive repeated Exotic rewards from Milestones and other sources
- Increased the max power handicap from 40 to 45 on the Nightfall Challenge Card
- The timer to activate patrols has been reduced from 3 seconds to 1 second
- Fixed an issue where players could be prevented from reaching the boss encounter of “A Garden World”
- Fixed an issue where some Emblems were not displaying what statistic they track
- Fixed an issue where applying or previewing a shader on an item would return players to the top page of the shader inventory