TERA is coming to consoles, and En Masse Entertainment wants you to get a taste of the MMO this weekend.
Xbox One and PlayStation 4 can participate in the TERA open beta this weekend.
Participants will be stress testing the servers, and throughout the weekend taking part in 24 community challenges.
For every eight challenges completed, all players will earn a new permanent reward for the launch on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. This can be claimed within the first two weeks of release.
In order to test the in-game stores, En Masse will distribute 1,500 EMP to players who log in to specific servers during Saturday or Sunday. Players will need to return to the title screen and then re-join an open beta Server to receive the EMP during these times.
You can look over the various challenges and rewards in the TERA open beta through the official beta page.
The TERA open beta on PS4 and Xbox One kicked off this morning, March 9, at 6am PST, 9am EST, 2pm BST.
It ends on March 11 at 11:59pm PST, and March 12 at 2:59am EST, 6:59am BST (US daylight saving time kicks in Sunday morning).
Here’s what to expect from TERA on consoles:
- Lock-On System: An all-new Lock-On System keeps the enemies in sight and the action centered on-screen.
- Classy Controls: Each character class has its own unique default control scheme. Don’t like the default control layout for your class? No problem! The controls can be completely remapped to tailor any type of preferred layout.
- Combat Effective UI: The game’s user interface has also been redesigned with a new, fully-customizable Radial Menu for quick and intuitive access weapons and items.
- Streaming Features: Players can easily broadcast TERA instantly to the community via Twitch, and Mixer with integrated streaming support.
- Communication is Key: Players can communicate directly with fellow party members via native voice chat support or they can opt out of chat if they prefer at any time.
TERA will be released this spring on PS4 and Xbox One systems.