It’s time to fill out your application to attend Hogwarts. Wait. Hogwarts chooses you, not the other way around.
Plus, your parents already pre-enrolled you at birth, so hopefully you’ll be accepted.
Okay, we’re not talking about the real Hogwarts here, but the mobile game based on the extremely popular Harry Potter books and movies.
For those interested in all things Harry, pre-registration for Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery is now open on Google Play. At least in the US. Pre-registering ensures interested parties will be the first folks notified when the game launches.
Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery is an narrative adventure title for mobile, with RPG elements. Players will create their own student character and attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Players will be able to customize their character avatar, attend classes, learn magical skills, and become friends or rivals with other students. Decisions made in the game will influence the character story arc at Hogwarts thanks to the encounter system where player decisions and actions impact quests.
The setting of Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery takes place years before Harry Potter received his Hogwarts letter. Players will explore rooms of Hogwarts Castle never seen before, and investigate “ancient mysteries.”
They will learn powerful spells from Hogwarts luminaries such as Professors Dumbledore, Snape, and others
Along with the new trailer, a list of key features has been made available, providing a idea of what you’ll be doing at Hogwarts.
Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery Game Features
Magic Spells, Potions & More
- Attend classes to learn and master magical skills like casting spells and brewing potions.
- Unlock new characters, spells, potions and locations as you advance through the years of Hogwarts.
- Customize your student avatar.
Mystery and Adventure
- Use your magical skills to investigate mysteries at Hogwarts.
- Discover the truth behind the Cursed Vaults and your brother’s disappearance in an all new story.
Friendships that Matter
- Bond with your housemates to win the House Cup.
- Go on quests to help friends and fellow students…or frustrate rivals.
- Earn respect and build relationships by adventuring together.
Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery will be released this spring for mobile devices though the App Store and Google Play.
Like many mobile games, it is free to download and play; however, you can purchase some in-game items with real money.
Niantic also has a Pokemon Go style Harry Potter game in the works, so there’s plenty of Potter fun to come for fans of the series.