The Overwatch patch which arrived on PTR earlier this month with loads of changes to Mei, Doomfist, and Sombra is now available on all platforms.
Many of the changes in the Overwatch patch were previously outlined before landing on the PTR February 15.
As previously reported, Mei’s weapon’s freeze duration has been increased; Doomfist’s hand cannon recovery rate was increased; and Sombra saw some major changes.
The hero patch notes for today’s update are the same as those listed when the Overwatch PTR patch went live. We won’t regurgitate those bits, so instead just click on the link above for the full notes.
Alongside the hero changes, map updates and a couple of big fixes were applied. Those changes along with developer commentary are posted below.
- Some health pack sizes have been reduced
- Some health pack locations have been changed
- Additional health packs have been added
Developer Comments: Health packs are a valuable resource in Overwatch and positioning around them is key to holding ground on defense or keeping up momentum on offense. We have moved the location of some health packs and included additional ones to improve game play on Blizzard World.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Capture the Flag statistics from displaying on the Career Profile if the match was played on Ayuttheya in the Arcade
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented announcement voice lines from triggering on Blizzard World
Blizzard announced the 27th hero for Overwatch today after a bit of teasing. Luckily said teasing wasn’t on the same level as Sombra or Doomfist. We would have cried. Not publicly, mind you. We tend to hide our emotions in public.
The new Overwatch hero is Torbjörn daughter Brigitte, and she’s the seventh support class hero to be added to the game.