Overwatch has a new update on the PTR that comes with a host of changes to Mei, Doomfist, and Sombra all in one go.
The update is now live on the Overwatch PTR, and part of the changes, particularly for Sombra, were actualy outlined last week.
Starting off with Mei, her weapon’s freeze duration has been increased from one second to 1.5 seconds. This makes it slightly easier for her to quickly freeze up an enemy before they can escape. The weapon’s alternate fire mode is also getting a buff, reducing the ammo cost of from 25 to 20.
Doomfist’s hand cannon’s recovery rate has been increased to 0.65 seconds, from 0.8 seconds. The idea is to make Doomfist players use the hand cannon more in combos.
Sombra’s changes are by the far the biggest, though, mainly because she no longer has to wait for teammates to pick up her hacked health packs to speed up her ultimate charge.
For a little bit more on the intention behind these changes, watch Jeff Kaplan’s video, and check out the full change log below that:
- Ammo recovery rate increased from 0.8 seconds to 0.65 seconds per bullet
- Freeze (slow) duration increased from 1 second to 1.5 seconds
- Weapon alternate fire ammo cost reduced from 25 to 20
- No longer blocked by small objects (e.g. sign posts)
- No longer gains ultimate charge from health pack healing
- Cast time reduced from 0.8 seconds to 0.65 seconds
- Now disables the following abilities: Genji—Cyber-agility, Hanzo—Wall Climb, Pharah—Hover Jets, Lúcio—Healing Boost and Speed Boost (turns off current song entirely), Wall Ride, Mercy—Angelic Descent
- Machine Pistol spread reduced from 3 to 2.7
- Enemy health bars are now visible when health drops below 100% (formerly 50%)
- Her ability to detect enemies through walls at 50% or less remains unchanged
- Duration increased from 15 seconds to 20 seconds
- No longer shows enemies’ health bars unless they have taken damage