A new Monster Hunter World patch has been released on PS4, and Xbox One.
The new Monster Hunter World update, version 1.05 on PS4, 18.104.22.168 on Xbox One, brings a number of network-related fixes. First, the bug that prevented some players from getting the free Celebration Item Pack has now been fixed.
As a result, Capcom has extended the pack’s availability to February 22. The update also fixed some bugs that would sometimes result in certain decorations being lost for a player’s tent.
On the gameplay side of things, the power of the normal and Pierce ammo for the Light and Heavy Bowguns has been increased. Outside of bug fixes, Capcom also said that it continues to work on matchmaking issues on Xbox One.
Matchmaking may still be unavailable for some players, but they’ll still be able to create online lobbies and join others’ lobbies directly, either through invitation or search/SOS. The developer said that having your NAT be Open negates some of the matchmaking problems, but Capcom is trying to pinpoint the root cause.
Here are all the changes:
- Fixed an issue where the error message “Failed to retrieve squad information. Please wait and try again.” would appear and squad features would not be usable. However, as a result of this fix, players who were affected by this bug will have all of their squad data reset. Additionally, players in squads whose squad leaders have their data reset will also see any affiliated data disappear the next time they log in. We apologize sincerely for the inconvenience, and ask that you reform squads or reinvite players whose data are lost.
- Fixed an issue where, rarely, uninvited non-squad members could join a Squad Online Session, or squad members could not join one of their own. Squad Online Sessions can still be joined by players outside of the squad via friend invite or Online Session ID search.
- Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, decorations would be lost.
- Fixed an issue that occurred when selecting items with the “Sell Items” option (from the item box inside base camp tents) by hiding the decorations tab.
General Light Bowgun and Heavy Bowgun ammo changes
- Increased the power of Normal Ammo (1, 2, 3), Pierce Ammo (1, 2, 3), and all elemental ammo (except Dragon Ammo).
- Decreased the power of Slicing Ammo, and reduced the effect it has when hitting other players.
- Reduced the maximum number of Slashberries you can hold in your item pouch from 60 to 30. Players can still use any remaining extra Slashberries if they currently have more than 30 in their item pouch.
- Readjusted the Elderseal calculation for dragon pods.
- Fixed an issue where information on endemic life would disappear from the Wildlife Map when moving about the field.
- Fixed an issue where the assignment “Flying Sparks: Tobi-Kadachi” would not appear on the quest board after departing on a different quest in the middle of speaking with the Chief Botanist just before the quest is first assigned.
- Fixed a rare bug that would cause players to lose control of their characters when completing a quest with certain start menu sub-menus open.
If you’re for help in your adventures, don’t forget to check out our Monster Hunter World guide, where you’ll find answers to many questions about mechanics, monsters, and even a guide to help you understand how matchmaking/online play works.