Members of the Xbox One Preview Update Alpha ring will can now download the latest Xbox One system update.
The latest preview build for Xbox One users has been updated with new features, and was released yesterday.
It expands upon last week’s Xbox One Preview Update Alpha release 1802.180105-1503.
Update 1802.180116-1916 includes new features such as expanded inactivity shutdown options and the “Do not disturb” option. The new features and those introduced last week can be found below alongside fixes and known issues with the latest system update.
Inactivity Shutdown Options
Added additional inactivity shutdown options to the Power mode & startup menu. In addition to shutting down the console after one or six hours of inactivity, you’re now able to select options for two, three, four and five hours. To enable the inactivity shutdown options:
- Under Options, select the “Turn off after” dropdown menu.
- Navigate to Settings > Power & startup > Power mode & startup.
Do Not Disturb
How to enable:
- Open the Guide and select your profile icon to the far left.
- Select My profile.
- From the Appear online dropdown to the right, select Do not disturb.
Mini Game Hubs
With Mini Game Hubs you can access content for the games you’ve played recently from a Game Hub without ever having to leave the action. Mini Game Hubs provide an easy way to see friends who are currently playing, upcoming Achievements, Looking for Group posts, and more. To find the Mini Game Hub, launch the Guide and look for a new icon to the right of all Game tiles in the Home section.
Added the ability to put your themes on a schedule. In addition to choosing either the light or dark theme, you can now schedule a time to automatically switch between them. Simply follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Theme & motion.
- Select Scheduled from the “System theme” dropdown.
- Select the times at which you want the light theme to start and end.
A new icon will appear in the Guide. The Guide Game Pass Discovery Tile (the “Surprise me with a random Game Pass Game tile”), now shows in Guide.
Home and Guide: Additional fixes to address an issue which could cause Home and Guide to fail to display or crash.
Installation and Achievements: Resolved an issue which caused the progress bars for downloads/installations and achievements to display incorrect information.
When downloading a system update, you may get stuck at a loading screen and only see the loading spinner. Workaround: If this occurs, please DO NOT try to factory reset or reboot the console—this is an issue with the update service and should eventually resolve on its own.
Guide: The Guide may sometimes lose focus during navigation.
Party Chat: Party chat sometimes crashes in the Guide.
Games Installation: Games that are installed fail to launch. Workaround: If the games are installed to an external drive please copy the game to the internal drive or attempt to delete the title and redownload to fix the launch error.
Display: Currently investigating the inaccurate RGB colors that have been reported when displaying in 4K HDR mode when playing a UHD disc.
Avatars on Home
Users can now represent themselves as an Avatar on Home by changing their settings. To do so, simply navigate to My profile > Customize profile > Show my avatar.
- The left and right navigation for selecting date and time during Tournament creation is currently reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
- Left and right navigation in Tournament twists is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
- Left and right navigation in the bracket view of Tournaments is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.