Epic Games has released the latest update to Fortnite.
A number of issues have been patched with today’s Fortnite update, bring the game to version 2.1.0.
Along with fixes to a number of issues to Battle Royale and Save the World, some quality of life improvements were also been applied.
Two additions to the game with patch 2.1.0 are the cozy campfire and Nvidia ShadowPlay Highlights.
When used, the campfire allows player to huddle together in order to heal up before heading back into battle. It will last for 25 seconds and heals two HP per second. It’s a blue rarity item, and is an item drop located anywhere in the game world.
The addition of Nvidia ShadowPlay Highlights provide players the opportunity to share various clips from the game. It will save plays automatically by default and also allows players to manually configure which plays get saved. It is available for PC users with a GeForce GTX 650 and above graphics card.
Full Fortnite 2.1.0 patch notes are below.
Fortnite Battle Royale
- The Boogie Bomb dance effect is now removed upon taking any damage. We will continue to monitor and iterate on this item’s functionality.
- Changed the Boogie Bomb rarity to blue/rare to more accurately represent its true rarity.
- Fixed an issue which caused players to pass through their recently built and edited structures.
- Fixed an issue which allowed sniper bullets to pass through players without applying any damage.
- Fixed an animation issue caused by entering the DBNO state while in the air.
- Increased the audible range of enemy footsteps, as well as their overall volume.
- We’re aware of an issue causing footsteps to sometimes play at irregular intervals when offscreen. We’re working on a fix now, expect it next update.
- Enemy footsteps are easier to hear when performing certain actions such as building, shooting, or collecting resources.
- Fixed an issue which caused sniper bullet impact sounds to trigger more than once per shot.
- Fixed the phantom bullet sounds that are sometimes heard throughout a match.
- Adjusted the volume of the AC/DC Pickaxe.
- Reduced the volume of the drone that teleports player out of each match.
- Fixed an issue which caused the “Push to Talk” setting to disappear from the Battle Royale settings when restoring default settings in Save the World.
- Shortened a few Daily Challenge descriptions which would run off the screen in a few languages.
- Daily challenge rewards are automatically collected if another challenge is completed in the same category.
- For instance, if you complete a Battle Pass daily challenge but do not “collect” the reward, the reward will automatically be collected upon completing the next Battle Pass daily challenge.
- Fortnite Battle Royale now supports NVIDIA ShadowPlay highlights on PC.
- Fixed a rare Battle Royale server crash.