Coming next month to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One is de Blob 2.
THQ Nordic announced today it was bringing the remastered version of de Blob 2 to Sony and Microsoft systems.
Picking up a few years after the events of the original de Blob, in de Blob 2, Comrade Black has returned to wage war on Color. Once again, he is determined to take over Prisma City. This time, he brings a new, brainwashing cult along for the ride.
In order to stop him from taking over Prisma City, as Blob, players will join the Color Underground and bring color back to the world.
Features in de Blob 2 include multiplayer support, 12 new single-player levels, new power-ups and boss battles.
Here’s the complete list of key game features provided by THQ Nordic:
- Set off on an action packed color adventure with 12 new single player story levels where custom paints, patterns and music bring the world to life any way you want.
- Speed smash through walls, jet jump over skyscrapers and slam squash Inkies with all new power-ups that turn you into a super Blob.
- Paint your way past icy outposts, tropical bio domes and distant space stations to free the fair citizens of Prisma City.
- Inside, outside, above the Earth and below it, Blob embarks on mini missions and epic boss battles to restore color and music back to this rich universe.
- Recruit friends to join the color evolution in two-player, split-screen coop mode.
de Blob 2 is a platformer which makes use of painting functionality as the main game mechanic. It features classic platforming actions and low gravity space along with a fair bit of humor.
In case you missed the news back in the fall, PS4 and Xbox users were able to pick up the original de Blob on November 14.