PUBG came out on Xbox One exactly one week ago, and it’s now time for its first ever patch on the platform.
As has been the case with the PC Steam Early Access version of PUBG, players should expect constant updates on Xbox One. There is no particular focus for this patch, but it does bring a first pass on performance and visuals.
The patch will be live today at 1am PT, 4am ET, 10am UK, 11am CET. All you need to do is restart the console to get the update, though there doesn’t look like there’s going to be any maintenance.
Outside of bug fixes, the patch makes it so equipment icons are visible on the HUD, and that player icons are more clearly visible on the world map.
Amusingly, the update disables the keyboard function. At launch, players discovered that you can use a keyboard to bring up the map, move and enter an expanded settings menu.
Find all the patch notes below:
- Gas can now be used while on bike or bike with sidecar
- Equipment icons on HUD will now be visible
- Player icon is now more clearly visible on the world map
- UI prompts now appear when reload and enter a vehicle options are present
- Tweaked hair colour options
- Cleaned up sidecar passenger animations in first person view
- Fixed player camera issues while a passenger on the backseat of a Buggy
- Addressed arm animations specific to holding some weapons
- Character now correctly faces the proper direction when stopping while swimming
- First pass visual and performance improvements
- Slightly improved anti-aliasing on Xbox One and Xbox One S
- Localization updates for Vietnamese, Spanish,(Spain/Mexico)
- Controls on motorcycle no longer inverted
- Keyboard functionality is disabled
- Fixed instances of player nametags not properly displaying in the lobby during Squad and Duo play
- Fixed minor animation while crouching and prone
- Fixed issues where curtains on windows block line of sight of players in the TPP mode
- Fixed an issue where when Squad leader left the party, voice chat ceased to function as intended
- Fixed issue where players could lean out of vehicles even when obstructed
- Fixed collision of cardboard boxes in Yasnaya city
- Fixed typo in the controller guide
- Other minor fixes