The next phase of testing for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds’ 1.0 build has begun, thanks to the arrival of a new update.
Yesterday, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds developer PUBG Corp said that test servers will remain open until PC launch, so today’s patch only came with a relatively short maintenance.
The biggest change the update made is re-adding Erangel back to the roster. The developer said it wanted to test the new features (like vaulting) with the map in order to be able to make final adjustments ahead of launch. You won’t be able to choose the map at the start of each round, though, as it will be selected randomly.
Outside of that, the patch added the new Aquarail jet ski to Erangel, as well as – bizarrely – the desert-themed Miramar ghillie suit. More updates could be released from now until 1.0 release next week.
See all the patch notes below:
- Unlocked the rewards menu
- Players will now be able to check their performance in Career, and Leaderboard
- Erangel and Miramar – both maps are now playable
- Which map is played will be selected randomly when a match begins
- Added a wet effect to vehicles. This effect can be found in rainy weather on Erangel
- Added Aquarail on Erangel
- Added Miramar’s new Ghillie suit to the care package on Erangel
- Helmet, vest, bag HUD UI elements will now be on by default
- Added a transparent background box behind HUD UI for clear visibility
- Fixed the issue with the insides of Erangel buildings being too dark
- Fixed the abnormal player shadow in FPP
- Deleted M16A4 from the tool tip of 8x and 15x scopes
- Fixed the issue where player’s footstep sound was silenced when player moved diagonally or wore particular shoes
- Fixed the issue of two instances of player characters existing after reconnecting