Happy ‘New Overwatch Character Day’, everyone – Moira is available now.
Moira went live on the Public Test Realm on November 6, so the turnaround time was pretty fast. In fact, we’ve only known about her existence for two weeks. Expect her to be snapped up immediately in your Quick Play games for the next few days (she won’t be allowed in competitive play for one week so that players have a chance to test her out).
Moira is a David Bowie-inspired support character. Here’s a recap of her powers:
- Bioitic Grasp: Using her left hand, Moira expends biotic energy to heal allies in front of her. Her right hand fires a long-range beam weapon that saps enemies’ health, healing Moira and replenishing her biotic energy.
- Biotic Orb: Launches a rebounding biotic sphere; she can choose between a regeneration effect that heals the allies it passes through, or a decay effect that deals damage to enemies.
- Fade: Can quickly teleport a short distance to escape groups or remain close to allies in need of support.
- Coalescence: Moira channels a long-range beam that both heals allies and bypasses barriers to damage her enemies.
She has an interesting backstory too, but look, odds are if you’re this deep into the article you’re keen to go and play as her right now. Come back and read this after.
Moira has gone up alongside the latest patch, which introduces a few tweaks and changes too. Here are the character highlights:
- Biotic Rifle: Damage increased from 60 to 70
- Lúcio now has an effect above his head to indicate which song he’s playing in spectator mode
- Caduceus Staff: Increased visual readability of Mercy’s healing and damage boosting beams
- Resurrect: Cast time increased from 0 seconds to 1.75 seconds
- Mercy’s movement speed is now reduced by 75% while casting
- Can now be interrupted when Mercy is knocked back, stunned, or hacked
- Valkyrie: While active, Resurrect no longer has a cast time
- While active, casting Resurrect does not reduce Mercy’s movement speed
- Barrier Projector: Now displays a health bar
Jump in right now and do your best to snag Moira in a match – her mix of abilities sounds super interesting, and we love her design.