Sledgehammer has released the first PC patch for Call of Duty: WW2 to bring this version inline with consoles, and add a few PC-specific fixes.
The first Call of Duty: WW2 post-launch patch came out on Friday on PS4, and Xbox One. Shortly afterwards, players reported all sorts of problems, before developer Sledgehammer fixed most of them later.
For these reasons, the patch was delayed on PC. Now, the same patch has made it onto the platform, coming in just 115MB overall. All the nerfs and buffs from the console patch made their way to PC intact, but there have also been a couple of other notable fixes to PC-only problems.
Some of these include a fix for FOV resetting upon launching multiplayer, hitching fixes for 144hz monitors running Freesync, and the addition of Ranked Play. The update also brought support for Discord’s Rich Presence feature.
See all the patch notes below:
- Fixed an issue where the FOV was being reset to 65 every time the user starts Multiplayer
- Resolved an issue where FPS is locked to 60 fps when using HDR on 60hz monitors in Windowed (No Border) mode
- Fixed a hitching issue when using 144hz monitor in Windowed (Not Border) with Vsync & Freesync enabled
- Ranked Play support added for the upcoming Ranked Season in December
- Support added for Discord
- Connectivity improvements and optimizations
- Leaderboard stability improvements and bug fixes
- General UI improvements
- Various issues with when the party leader disbands the party
- Fixed various issues with parties following the party leader to the HQ
- Fixed a rare issue where players are being booted from public lobbies
- Fixed a host migration issue when the party leader exits the game via exit to desktop
- Fixed issue with kill feed improperly displaying a user has changed their name
- Addressed animation issue with Laughing Emote
- Addressed glare issues with various Weapon Kits while SSR is set to High
- Resolved issue with After Action Report not appearing after Gridiron and Capture the Flag matches
- Addressed uncommon issue where HUD would only display for a single player in Hardcore DOM
- Espionage Basic Training – reduced painted time from ten seconds to six. Made it so only bullet damage paints you
- Addressed issue with Mastery challenges were number of challenges was displaying incorrectly making Challenges impossible to complete
- Fixed tank inversion and sensitivity setting for War tank controls
- Sniper class – fixed a bug with all Sniper Rifles zooming to exact centre when aiming down the sights.
- Walther Toggle Action Shotgun – damage increased at extremely close range
- Bren LMG – increased damage per shot
- LMG Bipod – sped up ADS time when in bipod stance
- BAR Rifle – decreased fire rate and widened hip fire spread
- STG44 Rifle – widened hip fire spread
- FG42 Rifle – increased recoil and widened hip fire spread
- Machine Pistol – decreased damage ranges
- Fixed a crash with host migration while in a public zombies match
- Addressed lighting/glare issues with Tesla gun in Zombies when SSR is enabled.
- Fixed Klaus pathing