The enhanced version of Hitman: Game of the Year is now available on Xbox One X.
To celebrate the release, IO Interactive has released a video of Hitman: Game of the Year in 4K.
As usual, in order to view the video in all its glory, you’ll have to click on the gear icon and choose 2160p60 4K option.
Hitman: Game of the Year enhancements for Xbox One X are as follows:
- Native 4k in High Quality Mode: Those with only a 1080p screen will still see vastly improved visual fidelity as the 4K image, including all the new details and pixel density, will be scaled down, thanks to supersampling.
- 60fps in High Framerate Mode: Hitman targets a smooth 60fps and this will be the first time an IOI game is running at 60fps on any console.
- HDR: Already supports High Dynamic Range on the Xbox One S, giving a major boost to contrast ratio and color accuracy. In combination with new color grading, re-designed skyboxes and improved HDR adaptation rules, the enached version will completely embrace HDR TVs.
- Increased Shadow Details: In High Quality Mode, the game uses the extra GPU power of the Xbox One X to render shadows at twice the resolution, resulting in much more detail and an even more believable world for 47 to explore. Even shadows cast by small and delicate objects like tree branches or grass blades are now crisp and clearly drawn.
- Improved Texture Sampling for both modes: Texture sampling quality has been improved and we use 2GB of extra memory to store more textures and stream them faster and in at a higher resolution. This allows us to give more potential texture detail, and reducing the likelihood of low quality textures appearing.
Hitman: Game of the Year Edition was released digitally on November 7. It contains Hitman: The Complete First Season, the new Patient Zero campaign, three new suits with themed weapons and three-themed Escalation Contracts.