The first post-launch patch for Call of Duty: WW2 is out in the wild, bringing a host of balance changes and fixes to some of the most common problems.
This particular Call of Duty: WW2 update was only released on PS4, and Xbox One. Developer Sledgehammer Games has yet to announce a release date for the same patch on PC, though it did say it’s coming soon.
The headline change is a nerf to the Espionage Basic Training Skill. Like we covered in our early Call of Duty: WW2 tips, Espionage is a great way to earn points quickly. The skill highlighted any enemy you do damage to for your entire team on the minimap.
Previously, damaging enemies with weapons, gadgets or scorestreaks highlighted the enemy for ten seconds. This has now been reduced to six, and it’ll only trigger when you damage him with bullets.
Some of the currently top weapons like the FG42, the BAR, and the STG44 have all been nerfed. Even the machine pistol got a nerf to its range. The Walther Toggle Action got a damage buff, and the Bren LMG had an increase to its damage per shot.
Outside of balance, the patch fixed the de-ranking issue, infinite load screens, and made improvement to the UI, game loading, and general connectivity. Finally, Sledgehammer is celebrating by offering a double XP weekend on PS4, and Xbox One – available from now through Monday, November 13.
See the full list of changes below:
- Connectivity improvements and optimizations
- Fixed de-ranking issues
- Addressed an issue where players encountered an infinite load screen
- Leaderboard stability improvements and bug fixes
- General UI improvements
- Loading optimizations
- Splitscreen functionality improvements
- Added new unlock inventory stars to indicate when new items are added
- Adjusted hit marker audio to be higher default level (note: can be adjusted in settings)
- Fixed out of world exploits on Gustav Cannon and Sainte Marie du Mont
- Espionage Basic Training – Reduced painted time from 10 to 6 seconds. Made it so only bullet damage paints you.
- Weapon tuning to allow for one shot kills outside of hardcore mode, enabling challenge completion.
- Fixed infinite flamethrower bug
- XP Earn rate tuned in Operation Neptune
- Fix issue of shotgun variants not appearing
- Emblem Editor and visualization improvements
- GameBattles Improvements
- Fixed Gridiron Ball exploits
- Fixed a bug with all Sniper Rifles zooming to exact center when aiming down the sights
- Walther Toggle Action Shotgun – damage increased at extremely close range
- Bren LMG – increased damage per shot
- LMG Bipod – sped up ADS time when in Bipod stance
- BAR Rifle – decreased fire rate and widened hip fire spread
- STG44 Rifle – widened hip fire spread
- FG42 Rifle – increased recoil and widened hip fire spread
- Machine Pistol – decreased damage ranges
- Zombie Map Exploit Fix – clipping into a zombie spawn closet using revive mechanic in Laboratory
- Fixed Klaus pathing
- Fixed out of world exploit – The Final Reich